Assistant Director of Office of Student Involvement and Community Outreach Center
The Assistant Director of OSI/Community Outreach Center(COC) is a full-time, ten-month generalist position and reports to the Senior Director of Student Involvement Services and the MSU. The Assistant Director has major responsibilities in three main areas within Office of Student Involvement, specifically advising Kutztown University Activities Board (KUAB), the Community Outreach Center (COC), and major event programming.
Student programing board (KUAB)advisement and development. Organization and program development: Assist students with the creation and development of new student organizations, especially encouraging those which reflect and respect the need of a diverse university community. Facilitate traditional and initiative-based campus-wide programming. Provide overall support for community outreach planning and implementation both on campus and in the community. Specifically using the COC staff for volunteer programs, America Reads, mentoring, and work-study community service.
The Assistant Director is responsible for actively cultivating good working relationship and demonstrating excellent customer service skills within the University community and with external communities.
- Bachelors Required,
- Minimum of 1-3 years of relevant post-baccalaureate experience.
- Knowledge of issues relevant to student’s development
- Experience with the traditional age college student
- Demonstrated program planning and implementation skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with staff training and supervision
- Proven computer skills and a desire to utilize technology to enhance programs and services
- Fiscal management skills, including budgeting, tracking, and reporting
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis, database management, and web development
- Experience with community service and volunteerism coordination
- Experience working with the parent/family population on a college campus
- Master’s Degree in Student Affairs or related area
- Fluency in Spanish at a native speaker level
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however, for full consideration, full application needs to be received by end of day, February 7, 2021 Incomplete applications will not be considered.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].