Administrative Assistant 2
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223451
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a State or Federal accrediting organization and seven years' progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to maintain confidentiality
Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skillsPreferred Qualifications Degree from an accredited college or university in journalism, communication, public relations or related field preferred; 5+ years of experience.Responsibilities The Administrative Assistant 2 will act as the Georgia Cancer Center's liaison for all internal communication platforms as well as assist with donor and other guest relations and special events pertaining to the center. She/He will work with other Enterprise divisions and departments to promote, market and enhance communications and visibility of the Georgia Cancer Center to a variety of audience types, including but not limited to donors, patients, patient's families, faculty members, community members and non-profit/for-profit organizations.The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide general administrative support within the Director's suite of the Georgia Cancer Center; Directly support the Administrator, GCC with calendar requests, schedule management, correspondence, travel requests and reimbursement processing, etc.; With others, provides telephone and physical representation of the GCC Director's Office to assist those who may call or enter the GCC Director's suite.
- Collect, create and distribute blurbs for weekly newsletter, CC Update, which is disseminated to GCC employees; Distribute announcements via mass email system for GCC employees; Update digital signage within the Clinic and Research Buildings of the GCC; Order and deliver business cards and lab coats for employees of the GCC; Supervise Digital Specialist, Departmental.
- Work with representatives of the Division of Communications and Marketing regarding daily/weekly posts on various mediums of social media that pertain directly to the GCC; Create and upload daily/weekly posts as recommended by the team that oversees the media account; Assist with updating and editing the GCC websites, both .edu and .org sites.
- Assist Associate Director of Development with donor and special guest events and tours of the GCC; Assist the office of Governmental Relations with any special events and tours of the GCC.
- Assist various Enterprise divisions and departments with special events that pertain to the GCC; Coordinate monthly tours of the GCC to area middle schools, high schools and state university groups.
- Perform all other related duties/tasks as assigned.