Audio/Visual Technologist 2
Job Title: Audio/Visual Technologist 2
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223452
Required Qualifications Bachelor degree and 2 years related experience, analytical and problem solving abilities;Valid driver's license and qualified to operate Augusta University vehicles. OR Associate's degree from an accredited college or university and 4 years' related experience; Valid driver's license and qualified to operate Augusta University vehicles. OR High school, diploma, GED or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and six years' related experience; Valid driver's license and qualified to operate Augusta University vehicles.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- General computer knowledge of hardware and software issues;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with Windows and Macintosh hardware and software support;
- Ability to work independently following established policies and procedures;
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented with strong customer service and organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, read and understand technical manuals, documentation and schematics
- Knowledge of network connectivity and networking protocols such as TCP/IP and H.263/H264 (configuration/troubleshooting devices);
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software troubleshooting and prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment;
- Knowledge of and experience troubleshooting, video/audio conferencing, presentation and sound systems and related AV hardware found in classrooms, conference rooms and event settings.
- Sets up, tests and facilitates use of audio/visual systems, distance learning systems, lecture capture systems, teleconferencing systems, computers, software and related technology to support classroom teaching, meetings and special events; Provides assistance and technical support to presenters to ensure successful presentations and use of audio/visual systems;Conducts periodic inspections of audio/visual equipment and classroom technologies to proactively identify potential issues and minimize risks to the client's effective use of audio/visual systems, distance learning systems, teleconferencing systems and related technologies;Monitors and supports live delivery of instruction and special events utilizing teleconferencing, live-streaming and distance learning technologies;Participates in the recommendation and development of reliable, efficient and cost-effective solutions;Diagnoses and resolves tier 1-2 level hardware and software issues;Maintains inventory of audio/visual systems and checkout equipment;Performs all other related duties/tasks as assigned; Including support of classes and events outside of normal business hours.
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Driver's License Statement
The Human Resources Division will request a recent driver's history report from the selected candidate. This report must come from the Department of Motor Vehicles and the fee will be paid for by the candidate. This report will be required prior to an offer being extended by Human Resources and must be from the state(s) in which the candidate has lived in for the past three years.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.