Administrative Assistant 1
Job Title: Administrative Assistant 1
Location: Augusta University
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 223274
High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent from a recognized State or Federal accrediting organization and six years of progressively responsible experience in administrative support positions Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, to multi-task, and to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
- Experience working in a clinical office setting.
- Maintain multiple calendars for two faculty members in the Transplant division to include OR/clinic calendars, travel calendars, and Transplant conference canlendars.
- Coordinate travel arrandgements for meetings and conferences for faculty and nursing staff. Process travel requests and reimbursements.
- Process all reimbursements and IDRs for the section. Maintain all call logs, expense reports, and order office supplies.
- Assist with outreach projects for the transplant program. Make new patient folders, complete paperwork for bi-weekly transplant conference, to include mailing all necessary paperwork to patients.
- Triage incoming patient phone calls for the section. Route to triage nurses or physicians. process all patient referrals from outside physicians and coordinate with centralized scheduling. Print out scheduling referral information for new patients.
- Transcribe letters/correspondance for faculty and resident recommendations. Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondance. Prepare outgoing mail for distribution. Handle, process, and distribute confidential patient information daily. Mail reminder letters to no show patients.
- Coordinate with the Chief of Transplant regarding cal schedule. Enter call schedule via OnCall.
- Enter/maintain CME creditd for faculty members of Transplant.
- Take minutes for the Transplant Steering Committee meetings.
- Schedule patients in the Transplant clinic via IDX.
- Preauthorize all clinic appointments in IDX using AccuReg.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.