Sports Medicine Imaging Technologist NBC
Job location: New Bolton Center
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-22
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleSports Medicine Imaging Technologist NBCJob Profile TitleSports Medicine Technician DJob Description SummaryUnder general supervision of the Director of Imaging and Clinical Service, perform routine and specialized radiographic procedures. Position located in Kennett Square. No public transportation is available.Job Description
The Sports Medicine Imaging Technologist will:
- Perform routine and specialized radiographic procedures including positioning of patient, operation of imaging equipment, development of imaging protocols and distribution of images.
- Assist with CT and Robotic CT, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound/Cardiology and MRI studies on large animal clinical and research cases.
- Perform routine and specialized imaging procedures including positioning of patient, operation of imaging equipment and development of imaging protocols and distribution of images.
- Assist with image management in PACS system and maintain patient information and data in electronic archival system.
- Enforce radiation safety practices as needed.
- Assist with quality control and maintenance of equipment.
- Assist research projects that use an imaging modality.
- Assist with teaching of veterinary students, veterinary technician students and house officers.
- Behave in a professional manner at all times
- Demonstrate commitment to delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external customers
- Follow standard operating procedures for department and hospital
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Demonstrate awareness of patient confidentiality issues
Completion of an imaging technologist program or Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Recognition of hazards involved with x-ray equipment and radiopharmaceuticals necessary. Computer skills required, good communication and interpersonal skills necessary. Ability to perform strenuous work necessary and horse handling skills desirable. Must be able to work independent of supervision. May be required to work occasional overtime.
Sports Med Tech C-Completion of an imaging technologist program preferred. HS and 3 - 5 years of experience in imaging large animals; recognition of hazards involved with x-ray equipment and radiopharmaceuticals necessary.
Sports Med Tech D- as above, but 5-7 yrs. experience
Working Conditions; Office, library, computer room ,Requires extensive safety training, Outdoor exposure to weather, Requires protective devices, Exposure to moving machinery
Physical Effort; Typically running, climbing, Occasional lifting 25-50 lbs. ,Typically standing or walking,Typically bending, crouching, stoopingJob Location - City, StateKennett Square, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolSchool of Veterinary MedicinePay Range$20.00 - $36.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.