Financial Administrative Coordinator
Job location: Dental School-Evans Building
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-21
University OverviewThe University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn’s distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job TitleFinancial Administrative CoordinatorJob Profile TitleFinancial Administrative CoordinatorJob Description SummaryPenn Dental Medicine’s Family Practice (PDFP) is interested in hiring the best and the brightest Financial Administrative Coordinator looking to broaden their skill sets and gain valuable experience in the art and science of the dental field. As a member of the PDFP family, individuals are provided the opportunity to work alongside a diverse team whose mission is to provide quality dental care which exceeds patient expectations. Ideal candidates must:
1. Be ready to have a voice on a highly collaborative team
2. Stay thirsty and always seek to learn and improve upon patient service and clinical practice
3. SMILE…because WE make people smile!
Penn Dental Family Practice is comprised of over 35 doctors, 15dental hygienists, 22 dental assistants, 17 staff AND GROWING! Together, the team works collaboratively to provide multi-specialty care utilizing leading techniques in patient care.Job Description
- POSITIVE ENERGY AND ENTHUSIASM, with a strong commitment to exceeding patient and team expectations
- FLEXIBILITY AND OPENNESS to work as a team in a variety of roles, assignments and duties
- TEAM PLAYER a strong desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth and success of the practice
- ABILITY TO ADAPT AND LEARN QUICKLY, make an immediate, sustainable impact, and provide value-added service to patients and team
- STRONG COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS, displaying the ability to connect and build relationships with team members/peers and patients
- CONFIDENCE IN PROFESSIONAL APTITUDE and ability to effectively convey skills, knowledge and qualifications to patients
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & POSITION EXPECTATIONS
- A High School Diploma or GED and 5 to 7 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Proficiency with Axium strongly preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to interact with all levels as well as a diverse population; excellent organizational and detail oriented skills
- Computer proficiency required
- Previous experience working in healthcare environment strongly preferred.
Our ideal candidate will assist the Penn Dental Family Practice in providing patient-focused experiences supporting the delivery of high-quality care through patient dental treatment and payment options.
- Present patients with treatment payment options in adhering to and in accordance with the practice guidelines and financial policies.
- Enter and submit patient payment plans in practice management system, documenting financial consultation outcomes and arrangements.
- Provide regular and ad hoc reporting of accounts, following up on delinquent and/or treatment plans pending approvals.
- Provide accurate deposits daly in the University's BEN financial system.
- Perform other team-supporting duties as assigned.
Penn Dental Family Practice is the multispecialty dental practice of Penn Dental Medicine. With general dentists as well as specialists, patients can receive your comprehensive care for all your dental needs within each of the two practice locations. Patients benefit from a team of experts who practice using the leading techniques and technologies in dentistry and who are committed to providing compassionate, personalized care.
At Penn Dental Medicine, our students are among the nation’s best, and they are matched in quality by the high level of instruction and research among our faculty. Our research encompasses all the basic and clinical sciences, and Penn’s emphasis on interdisciplinary scholarship encourages collaborations across disciplines. Our clinical care brings the latest techniques and technologies to patients within our teaching clinics and faculty practice. As stewards of the neighborhood in which we reside, Penn Dental Medicine participates in a diversity of community outreach programs, serving area residents while teaching our students to practice with compassion and responsibility.Job Location - City, StatePhiladelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / SchoolSchool of Dental MedicinePay Range$20.00 - $36.00Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.