Video Editor Videographer
Job location: Boca Raton
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-21
Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Video Editor Videographer, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Provides professional video services and post production work for the FAU community. Assists with all phases of video production from scripting to camera work, to post-production editing.
- Prepping of and proper maintenance of all production gear.
- Reviewing and verifying shoot logistics with supervisor and crew.
- Setting up and utilizing all production gear (including but not limited to lighting, sound, video and set design) as specified for the project by client or supervisor.
- Filming in a variety of settings, locations, and cinematic production styles as determined best for the project including for live webcast events, marketing and educational field and studio shoots.
- Being able to adjust to last minute changes and troubleshooting of issues on location. Post production editing of video, audio and motion graphics projects utilizing a variety of supplied software and programs to the specification of the project by the supervisor or client.
- Applies expertise in lighting concepts, use of professional video cameras, video file formats and file conversions, as well as sound recording and editing to produce exceptional content for all assigned projects.
- Interacts with and services various departments and colleges at all levels of the University.
Degree in Motion Graphic Design/Animation, Production or related degree preferred.
Must possess experience in working with 4K, raw, and various compression codecs and streaming technologies.
Knowledge in all phases of video production including: live production, gear maintenance, 3D compositing and FX skills, key framing, color correction, finishing, and audio sweetening required.
Must possess a portfolio or reel demonstrating exceptional understanding and use of cinematography/shot composition, lighting, motion, imagery, layout, color, versatility in design and typography.
Proficiency in Final Cut X, Motion (Apple), Adobe After Effects and Adobe Photoshop required.
Proficiency in DSLR cameras, ENG style cameras, Red Camera systems, varifocal and cinema prime lensing, set lighting, setting up/maintenance and familiarity using with a variety of camera systems and stabilizers required.
ProTools, Newtek, Ross switching with Graphite and Xpression, Davinci Resolve experience preferred.Salary:$45,000 - $55,000College or Department:CommunicationsLocation:Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Nights and weekends as required.Application Deadline: 2021-02-04-08:00Special Instructions to Applicant: Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.