Program Assistant (Educational Program Assistant 1)
Search #: 494989
Work type: Full-time
Location: Hartford Campus
Categories: Academic Programs and Services
The MS in Business Analytics & Project Management (MSBAPM) Program in the School of Business is seeking a full-time Program Assistant (Educational Program Assistant 1). The incumbent will report to the Program Manager for the MSBAPM Program and will provide administrative support as well as entry-level program support for the School of Business MS in Business Analytics Program (BAPM) and may provide support to other business graduate programs. The position will be based at the Graduate Business Learning Center in downtown Hartford but because it will support functions of the Stamford operations of the program, it will require periodic time spent at the Stamford Campus. Occasional evening and weekend hours, as well as in-state and out-of-state travel, may be required in support of program events and activities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include but are not limited to:
- Planning and executing aspects of program events, outreach activities, and promotional materials, including but, not limited to, orientation, information sessions (virtual and in-person), and open houses.
- Coordinating program logistics and administrative support for program staff and faculty teaching in the program.
- Serving as a resource for students, faculty, and outside groups on matters relating to program activities.
- With direction from the Program Manager, coordinating BAPM course scheduling across the Hartford and Stamford campuses.
- Supporting student advising activities, experiential learning, clubs and organizations.
- Preparing, organizing, and documenting program meetings.
- Maintaining accurate records and assemble data and prepare statistical and/or historical reports as assigned.
- Providing direct training and related support services and following up to resolve problems in assigned area of responsibility.
- Supervising and assigning work to student employees, coordinating job postings with regional business operations team, making student hiring decisions, etc.
- Assisting in preparation of budgets and monitors expenditures.
- Providing general office support, including answering phones, responding to inquiries, directing calls and general website updates.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and up to one year of experience OR Associate’s Degree and two to three years of experience.
- Demonstrated administrative and organizational skills, including experience identifying, analyzing and resolving day-to-day program problems efficiently, effectively, accurately and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, plan and execute events.
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with people from diverse academic, socio-economic, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends, and travel in-state and out-of-state as required.
- Dependable transportation.
- Proven experience working in a higher education environment in a University setting.
- Proven experience working with diverse student groups, programs, or constituents, including international students.
- Demonstrated proficiency with student administration systems such as Peoplesoft, and collaboration tools such as Google Workspace.
- Demonstrated experience with virtual meeting platforms such as MS Teams and WebEx.
- Ability to supervise student employees.
This is a full-time position based in downtown Hartford.TO APPLYPlease apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs, Staff Positions, Search #494989 to upload a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 8, 2020.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 22 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 08 2021 Eastern Standard Time