Part-time Assistant Coach - Strength and Conditioning
Job no: 493869
Work type: Staff Part-time
Butler University Sports Medicine seeks a certified Strength & Conditioning Coach to assist with coaching and teaching of training programs for 22 teams and 500 hundred student-athletes. This position is a part-time, 12 month position.
- Assist with coaching and teaching of training programs to include strength development, cardiovascular development, team conditioning, speed development, flexibility development, injury prevention, and rehabilitation of injured student-athletes.
- This coach will work with 115 student-athletes.
- Nutrition and supplement education.
- Help build a positive culture through collaboration with weight room staff, athletic trainers, sport coaches, student-athletes and other athletic personnel.
- Build a training program for assigned teams. Maintain progress records for evaluation of success of the program.
- Help manage the weight room, including scheduling, budget management and equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by Head Strength & Conditioning Coach.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- NSCA - CSCS or CSCCa - SCCC certification required.
- USAW certification preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Ability to work flexible hours required.
- Ability to teach Olympic lifts, sprint techniques, lift 100 lbs and safely spot athletes on squats and presses required.
- Computer skills in Word and Excel required.
- Desired candidate will have outstanding verbal communication and leadership skills and be able to work effectively with student-athletes, coaches, administrators and staff.
Butler University is committed to enhancing the diversity of the student body and our faculty and staff. In addition hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual's qualifications, past experience, overall performance, and other employment-related criteria. Butler University provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: January 22, 2021
Applications close: February 26, 2021