Senior Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and Services
PG190725EPInternal Recruitment :
Senior Vice Provost for Enrollment Management and ServicesAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with Education and ExperienceWork Schedule:
8:00am - 5:00pm, M-FJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
EMAS - Enrollment Mgt & ServicesAbout the Department:
The Division of Enrollment Management and Services (EMAS) is dedicated to successfully recruiting, retaining, supporting and graduating students as efficiently and effectively as possible in alignment with the goals set forth by the university’s strategic plan. EMAS seeks to attract and enroll a highly diverse class of new and continuing students with outstanding ability and potential to address challenges and opportunities presented by a rapidly changing society.
The mission of the division is to provide critical services to students, parents and visitors to NC State University throughout the student lifecycle, from identifying prospective students through graduation and beyond. EMAS offices and units are at the intersection of vital academic services that can positively impact student outcomes, reduce time to degree, promote awareness of NC State’s brand beyond North Carolina, and improve institutional effectiveness. EMAS utilizes a collaborative and integrated approach to student success, pursuing organizational excellence, and creating strategic partnerships to engage our community both locally and globally.
EMAS is comprised of undergraduate admissions, scholarships and financial aid, registration and records, enrollment systems and operations, communications, marketing, and outreach, Community College Collaboration (C3), Goodnight Scholars Program, summer sessions, parents and families services, E. Carroll Joyner Visitor and Transfer Center, Student Services Center and pre-college programs. The division has more than 100 full-time employees supporting all aspects of enrollment, including more than 100 student University Ambassadors helping to fulfill the mission of EMAS.
EMAS has an annual budget of $7.3 million, with responsibility for committing and disbursing in excess of $300 million in need- and merit-based financial aid.Essential Job Duties:
The Senior Vice Provost reports directly to the Executive Vice Chancellor and Provost and is responsible for the following:
- Directing and providing strong leadership, strategic direction and fiscal oversight for the various units within EMAS;
- Promoting an inter-culturally competent, culturally responsive and inclusive campus environment, with a strong commitment to recruiting and retaining diverse staff within the unit;
- Serving as co-chair of the Enrollment Planning Committee and serving as a member of the senior leadership team for the executive vice chancellor and provost facilitating the development of new student enrollment targets;
- Creating and implementing innovative student success initiatives to address the varying needs of a diverse student body;
- Providing leadership and facilitating the review/development of academic policies impacting enrollment management objectives;
- Directing EMAS long-range planning including facilities and budget;
- Facilitating the implementation of university strategic planning objectives;
- Collaborating and fostering relationships with colleges and internal partners such as the Office of Information Technology, Office of Finance and Administration, Distance Education and Learning Technology Applications, Division of Academic and Student Affairs, Institutional Strategy and Analysis, Office for Institutional Equity and Diversity, Office for Global Engagement and other campus units;
- Acting as NC State’s representative to the University of North Carolina System regarding enrollment management; and
- Cultivating partnerships with the North Carolina Community College System and its constituent institutions and other external partners.
A post-Baccalaureate degree with a minimum of ten years experience in higher education is required; and preference will be given to candidates with a doctoral degree.Other Required Qualifications:
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities or experience:
- Demonstrated leadership in recruiting students of all dimensions of diversity with a proven track record of successfully attracting and retaining qualified students to a four-year research-intensive institution;
- Ability to play a key role in university leadership, advocating for the unit and forging advantageous and strategic connections across the university;
- A proven record of success in setting priorities, allocating resources and achieving specific goals;
- Outstanding communication skills, including interpersonal, written, verbal, presentation and listening capabilities;
- Ability to function in a complex, high-demand environment, balancing and executing internal and external responsibilities; and
- In-depth experience in enterprise system software, enrollment management systems, and data-driven analyses of enrollment information for decision-making.
Preference will be given to candidates with a doctoral degree.Required License(s) or Certification(s):
NAValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
12/15/2020Anticipated Close Date:
Open until filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries, nominations and applications are invited and may be directed to Justin Lang, Director, NC State Executive Search Services, at (919) 513-1963 or [email protected]
Confidential review of applications will begin in January, and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should provide a resume or curriculum vitae, cover letter, and the names and contact information of three references. References will not be contacted without prior knowledge and approval of candidates. These materials may be submitted online at https://jobs.ncsu.edu/ (position #00001625).Position Number:
SAAO Tier IIFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
321001 - EMAS-Enrollment Mgt & ServicesAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.