EI2 Assoc. Project Mgr. (EDL-ITCP Program)
Job Title: EI2 Assoc. Project Mgr. (EDL-ITCP Program)
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Part-Time
Job ID: 223394
Georgia Tech Extension Professionals are research personnel assigned to fulfill the extension service mission of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. This mission includes, but is not limited to, technology-based economic development, technology commercialization and deployment, entrepreneurship, start-up company incubation, and business/industry outreach. Extension Professionals also provide educational programs for business and industry in support of these missions through facilitating and fostering increased industrial engagement and sponsorship of applied research activities at Georgia Tech.
For more information about EI2 see: https://innovate.gatech.edu/Location
The primary office location can/may be in the metro-Atlanta area however, incumbent in this position may be expected to travel state-wide and remain flexible to on-site daily service delivery hours (due to client schedules and/or project requirements).Job Summary
Serving within the Research Faculty of The Institute, this position directly supports the extension, service, and economic development missions of Georgia Tech to the State of Georgia and beyond. Primarily this position serves within the Economic Development Lab (EDL) division of the Georgia Tech Enterprise Innovation Institute (EI2). Project Managers in the associate/level I role are responsible for assisting senior level project managers with initiating, conducting, and reporting on projects that promote local, state, regional, national, and international economic development. This includes, but is not limited to, working with leaders/officials in public and private enterprises, non-profits, governments, and other related economic development organizations. Project Managers are expected to conduct research, perform assessments, and provide technical assistance that helps create an attractive business climate. Incumbents in this role must be able to report measurable outcomes, as needed, through metric reporting systems required by federal, state, municipal, and/or private sponsors.
This (50% Time) Associate Project Manager role will specifically support the China focused Innovation & Technology Commercialization Professionals (ITCP) Project. Sponsored by International Technology Transfer network (ITTN), the goal of the ITCP Project is to develop and deliver an online professional certificate course for Chinese researchers, innovators, commercialization, and technology transfer professionals.
This job advertisement is a continuous posting intended to recruit multiple candidates.
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the EI2 mission and how it supports Georgia Tech in fulfilling its mission to champion innovation around the globe.
- Translate educational and technical curriculum content between English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Coordinate with international project partners on timelines and deliverables.
- Collaborate on the creation of new online programs to educate technology transfer professionals.
- Facilitate discussions by translating/interpreting between Chinese-speaking clients and English-speaking instructors and project team members.
- Report measurable outcomes to relevant stakeholders and provide input to the project planning process.
- Contribute to the development of program marketing and promotional materials (design and content).
- Perform organizational administrative tasks, and other related duties, as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in related/relevant field e.g., Chinese Language, China or East Asian Studies, Education/Instructional Design, or economic development. Work Experience: 1-2 years job-related experience (or equivalent combination of education and experience).Skills: This job requires professional level knowledge and language fluency in utilizing Mandarin Chinese to educate clients and communicate with Chinese partners/stakeholders. Incumbents in this role must be highly organized and possess fundamental skills in problem solving, translation/interpretation, and transferring knowledge to groups and individuals across cultures and languages.
- Preferred Education: Master’s Degree in related/relevant field e.g., Chinese Language, China or East Asian Studies, Education/Instructional Design, or economic development.Preferred Work Experience: 3-5 years job-related work experience.Preferred Skills: Cultural knowledge of Chinese business/higher-education environments and experience in designing online educational curriculum is preferred. Preferred applicant backgrounds include: Experience in consultative service delivery, prior experience working in a higher education environment, or translation/interpretation.
Hiring Manager for this Role: Lauren Lang ([email protected])Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Tech provides equal opportunity to all faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including applicants for admission and/or employment, contractors, volunteers, and participants in institutional programs, activities, or services. Georgia Tech complies with all applicable laws and regulations governing equal opportunity in the workplace and in educational activities. Georgia Tech prohibits discrimination, including discriminatory harassment, on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or veteran status in its programs, activities, employment, and admissions. This prohibition applies to faculty, staff, students, and all other members of the Georgia Tech community, including affiliates, invitees, and guests.