Sr. Data Integrations Engineer
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Job Title: Sr. Data Integration Engineer
Position #002109 – Requisition #19945
Principal Professionals are either work leads over others or are considered a subject matter expert in a particular area. Responsibilities
- Lead development projects and related project teams focused on sharing and integration of data between the central data warehouse and application and reporting end points.
- Develop, test, and maintain large scale ingest and synchronization of data across a diverse set of upstream systems.
- Provide advocacy for UIS integrations (including monitoring progress and communication with constituents).
- Oversee data governance process, including developing efficient methods for seeking data steward approval, security, and procurement review in collaboration with the PSA processes (including project management and business analysis).
- Build and document services related to enterprise service bus (REST API, ODBC connections, managed views, etc.).
- Debug data flow and data integrity issues; working with downstream data consumers based on their data requirements.
- Work with team to maintain quality data documentation (catalogs, glossaries, dictionaries and end points).
- Deliver quality, scalable and cost-effective data solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies.
- Build services related to data integration and sharing, leveraging utilities such as MuleSoft and Exasol.
- Work with team on data roadmaps, services and product and technology strategy.
- Work with security team to meet all data security requirements.
- Collaborates closely with business partners across the organization on the design, delivery and maintenance of integration solutions.
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to senior executives, across the enterprise.
- Develop and tune integrated datasets in support of operational workflow and analytics needs required by various initiatives across data warehouses, ERP, LMS, and other applications.
- Cultivate understanding of business processes and priorities to consolidate and present data from various sources for business decisions.
- Ensure that data quality is known and tracked by identifying duplicates and missing data.
- Manage flow of data into warehouse and participate in the architecture design and modelling of data.
- Train staff on ETL architecture, standards, and documentation.
The salary range for this position has been established at $98,000 - $112,533 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.Conditions of Employment:
Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Parking expenses for employees are not covered by the university. To review parking options please visit the link below and select your appropriate campus: Facilities Management Permit Parking The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Five years of SQL experience including complex database functions
- Substitution: 4 years of professional or high-level technical experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years of experience building ETL workflows
- 5 years of experience building and maintaining data solutions
- Experience with wide variety of cloud and on prem data solutions
- Experience with ETL tools
- Experience with data catalog technologies
- Proficiency in common data integration patterns and processes including: ETL, APIs, streaming, flat files
- Experience with data security and compliance
- Experience with agile software development and managing full SDLC
- Demonstrated ability to architect complex ETL solutions
- Ability to work with constituents in a consultative manner, understanding business needs and translating into software requirements
- Self-starter who is able to balance working alone with more collaborative team efforts
- Proven track record of execution--driving results and meeting commitments
- Technically curious and a demonstrated lifelong learner
Job Category: Information Technology
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 21, 2021
Unposting Date: Jan 29, 2021, 12:59:00 AM