Student Services Operations Manager
DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Department: Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Job Title: Student Services Operations Manager
Position #626604– Requisition #19923
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences (SSPPS) at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus (CU AMC) has an opening for a full-time Student Services Operations Manager. Job Summary:
This position is responsible for the SSPPS daily student services operations and executing select student success and wellness initiatives in collaboration with the Assistant Director for Student Success and Wellness (ADSSW). More specifically, this position is responsible for coordinating the daily operation of the Office of Student Services (OSS), coordinating and executing student events, and assisting the ASDDW in monitoring and delivery of initiatives related to student academic and professional success and well-being. In addition, the Operations Manager is responsible for maintain student recordkeeping for accreditation purposes.Examples of Work Performed:Student Services Operations (90%)Student Success and Academic Support
- Assists the ADSSW in early identification and management of students experiencing academic difficulty.
- Directs tutoring program. Recruits and trains tutors to conduct Facilitated Group Learning sessions and individual tutoring sessions as needed.
- Manages weekly tutoring sessions, periodically attend sessions and refer students throughout the semester as we identify their need for assistance.
- Supports ADSSW for management of student council related activities.
- Facilitates organization and execution of student council meetings, retreats, and elections.
- Monitors student events with the Event Planning Form and collaborates with ADSSW and Office of Experiential Programs to approve co-curricular activities.
- Helps plan, monitor, and execute the school wide faculty liaison program.
- Monitors and implements polices for student absence requests in collaboration with the ADSSW.
- Tabulate retention statistics (i.e., on-time graduation, number of years to graduation, probation, suspension, dismissal, etc.)
- Provide administrative support to the Scholastic Advancement and Appeals Committee (SAAC)
- Collect and compile individual student data (e.g., Academic Improvement Plans) for committee review and approval
- Prepare all cases for presentation to SAAC in collaboration with ADSSW
- Prepare student progression summaries and statistics as needed
- Organizes and executes annual new student orientation.
- Organizes the orientation schedule and arranging of activities, speakers, and participants.
- Supervises activities during orientation week to prevent overlap between student organizations.
- Compiles materials and required forms for incoming students.
- Schedules and organizes the process for student photos and badges.
- Maintain and update the online orientation process via Canvas.
- Organizes and executes annual white coat ceremony in collaboration with the ADSSW and the ADSA
- Participates in Awards and Scholarships meetings, monitors awards and supervises the staff support to the committee.
- Updates scholarship applications to an online version and ensures all information was collected and compiled appropriately prior to committee meetings.
- Communicates with various scholarship donors in conjunction with the office of advancement to ensure appropriate stewardship of awards is in place.
- Supervises the planning of the annual awards convocation and reception.
- Assists in organizing the annual scholarship luncheon in collaboration with the Office of Advancement.
- Organizes activities, makes meal arrangements, invitations and prints programs for the commencement banquet. Updates contact lists, sends out graduation announcements, and checks graduation list for diploma applications.
- Coordinates and executes the graduation convocation for the school. Compiles graduation lists, ensures announcements regarding registering for graduation are distributed, compiles the program for graduation, and collects bio sketches of graduates.
- Assists in the coordination of the Law review course held at the end of the school year for the graduating students.
- Ensures that all appropriate student records are maintained to meet the school’s accreditation standards.
- Monitors budgets for commencement, graduation, tutoring, Awards & Scholarships, and other student events as needed.
- Makes recommendations for annual budget considerations to ADSA and ADSSW.
- Supervise a classified staff program assistant, which includes preparing and managing performance plans, providing coaching and completing annual evaluations, and resolving employee relations issues.
- Ensures daily staff coverage for OSS.
- Awards and Scholarships Committee
- Scholastic advancement and appeals Committee
- Student Council
- Commencement Committee
- The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $51,275 to 65,222.
- The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
- The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Here is a link to an overview of the benefits package
- Here is a link to a Total Compensation Calculator
- The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, student affairs, psychology, social work or a closely related field.
- Substitution: A combination of work experience in the occupation field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job, which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education, may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor's degree.
- At least two (2) years of professional-level student affairs experience.
- A master’s degree in the above named fields or a closely related field.
- Higher education student affairs experience in a health related field.
- Experience with student event planning and execution.
- Knowledge of and experience in higher education student services administration
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion Knowledge of and sensitivity to multicultural and diversity issues.
- Highly effective interpersonal and professionalism skills, including the ability to work collaborative with school, campus, and external stakeholders.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment
- Strong ability to organize, plan and execute duties, activities, and responsibilities in accordance with appropriate counsel from various school and university entities.
Job Category: Student Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 21, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing