Womens Softball Head Coach-Part-time, Adjunct Pool (Staff)
Kern Community College District
Position Closing Date:
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Main Campus, Ridgecrest
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time head coach in Division of Physical Education and Athletics for the 2020-21, 2021-22 academic year.
Coach for Women's Softball. This assignment includes coaching to a student population that is highly diverse in terms of academic preparation, cultural, socioeconomic, and ethnic backgrounds as well as physical and learning abilities. This assignment will also require coaching at games/tournaments that are scheduled in the evening and/or Saturdays.
Education and Experience:
Any Bachelor’s degree and
two years of professional experienceOR
Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.AND
A sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.Desirable Qualifications:
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406).Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Successful experience as a head coach/assistant coach at the college or university level, or as a head coach at the high school level.
- Expertise in physical education/fitness, recreation, health education/wellness, nutrition or related fields and a specialization in coaching.
- Recent teaching experience in physical education, health education or related field.
- Energy, enthusiasm, and commitment to excellence in athletics.
- Experience in and demonstrated recruiting contacts.
- An understanding of the advantages and challenges of developing and maintaining a program and team sports in a small, rural community college.
- Ability, interest, and willingness to develop and maintain working relationships with local high schools to facilitate recruiting and articulation of the soccer program.
- Ability to deliver instruction using strategies designed for diverse learning styles.
- Willingness to work with students from diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Provide coaching, instructional, and/or non-instructional services as specified by assignment in a diverse campus and community environment.
• Maintain a course outline for each assigned course.
• Keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and scholastic progress.
• Provide current course orientation materials, including syllabus and course outline to each student.
• Maintain currency in subject matter and/or service area.
• Communicate with students and staff in a professional manner.
• Demonstrate versatility in coaching/instructional methodology and versatility in serving a diverse student population.
• Be familiar with and observe appropriate college and Board policies, and current guidelines governing college sports, i.e. CCCAA, CVC, NCAA, NAIA.
• Willingness to promote Cerro Coso Community College through community service and outreach within the local community
Special Instructions to Applicants:
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.Completed application packet must include:
- Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Statement of personal philosophy of teaching
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references - Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/14154
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency