Posting Number: SRGV4866
Number of Vacancies: 2
Location: Harlingen, Texas
Department: School of Medicine / Clinical Affairs
Scope of Job:
Responsible for conducting patient registration, insurance verification, scanning, printing, and posting payments and adjustments in the Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system.
Description of Duties:
• Registers new patients by obtaining patient demographics and third-party coverage(s) for encounters from our partner EMR systems and MaxRVU application.
• Obtains and verifies insurance coverage for patients received via Interfaces in accordance with health plan guidelines.
• Responsible for posting payments and adjustments received from other EMR systems, including posting all adjustment and reconciling payments daily for the CBO.
• Updates/corrects patient demographic and insurance emergency contact information received from EMR systems.
• Assists Billing Specialists in printing medical records and scanning information into EMR system.
• Maintains patient confidentiality regarding access to patient and other clinical information via email, computer, fax and mail.
• Prepares and distributes payor and patient correspondence received by the CBO.
• Responsible for contacting clinics, obtaining and entering referral information and/or prior authorizations as required for billing.
• Responds to calls and ensures caller’s needs are met and accurate information is obtained.
• Obtains and documents information required for third-party reimbursement.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with Medicare and third-party payor requirements and guidelines.
• May assist the Revenue Cycle Department with gathering data for provider audits or billing information such as: obtaining/printing medical records for provider audits, verifying claims were billed and paid, etc.
• Acts as patient point of contact and liaisons with various departments to assist with required documentation.
• Participates in educational activities and attends staff meetings as scheduled.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of assigned staff.
High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two (2) years of general office or clerical experience or
• One (1) years of medical, hospital, or healthcare billing experience.
Bilingual (English/Spanish). Medical, hospital, or healthcare billing experience. Thorough knowledge of registration, insurance verification, prior authorizations, customer service, posting, collections, reimbursement and payment reconciliation processes.
Use of standard office equipment. Proficient with Electronic Health Record system. Microsoft Office applications preferred such as: MS Outlook & MS Excel and Word.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required. UTRGV is a distributed institution, which requires presence at multiple locations throughout the Rio Grande Valley. Work is performed primarily in a general office environment across the Rio Grande Valley. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Skill in data entry with minimal errors. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. Strong attention to detail. Knowledge of insurance plans and referral procedures. Organization, communication and computing skills. Comprehensive knowledge of and compliance of HIPAA rules and regulations.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 02/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
*Social Security Number
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956)665-8880 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/27208
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency