Manager, Infection Prevention and Control
Manager, Infection Prevention and Control
Reporting to the Executive Associate Dean, plans, organizes, and directs activities related to patient safety, infection control, risk management and global initiatives.
INFECTION PREVENTION AND CONTROL
1. Review legislated, published information on infection control procedures and products. Meet with product representatives; obtain samples and scientific data on products. Recommend selection of products and appropriate procedural use.
2. Prepare and present lectures to first, second, and third year students to include final examinations. Provide education in all aspects of clinical asepsis and infection control in both classroom and clinical settings.
3. Provide training in infection control to students, residents, faculty and staff, including information regarding internal policies and federal, state and local regulations and guidelines.
4. Assist in organizing and administering yearly tuberculosis screening of all employees and students.
5. Perform clinical inspections for infection control and assist faculty, students and staff with compliance with policies, guidelines and regulations related to infection control.
6. Provide infection control information and written materials upon request to students, staff, faculty, patients, and alumni. Maintain complete file on infection control including products, recommendations, regulations, methods, and independent research results.
7. Serve on the patient safety committee and participate in patient safety-related projects including TeamStepps® training, surveys, etc.
8. Monitor daily infection control practices of students, staff, and faculty in the Clinics to include infection control rounds, immediate feedback and correction, and written notification to supervisors of non-compliance among Clinic staff.
9. Manage the Sterilizer Monitoring Service program, including processing payments, updating customer database and participating in marketing programs.
10. Review and evaluate infection control policies for accuracy, consistency and content; recommend and implement changes when appropriate.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Associate Dean.
1. Federal, state, and local regulations and recommendations regarding infection prevention and control.
2. Dental procedures and practices.
3. Best practices for dental infection control and prevention.
1. Experience in development of policies and procedures in a clinical environment.
2. Minimum 2 years working in a clinical environment, preferably dental.
3. Training or education for a broad range of learners.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field.
2. College-level training in infection prevention and control, or certification in infection prevention, or willingness to seek certification in the first six months.
1. Licensed dental professional preferred (RDA, RDH, DDS, etc.).
1. Organize and prioritize responsibilities.
2. Prepare accurate written reports.
3. Communicate effectively, orally or in writing, with administration, faculty, students, staff, and public.
4. Represent the Dental School to external vendors and dental professionals.
5. Educate, train, discipline, and reward individuals in complying with regulatory and university policies and procedures related to infection prevention and control.
6. Travel to all clinics
7. Attend professional meetings or conferences, including occasional travel.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard and phone.
2. Requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending and walking.
3. Occasional lifting of up to 15 pounds should be anticipated.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with experience
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/18354
University of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency