Assistant Professor of Professional Practice, Localization Management
Title Assistant Professor of Professional Practice, Localization Management
Posting Number F00111
Benefits Eligible? Yes
Location Monterey, CA Campus
Recommendation Letter Requirements
This posting requires at least three Reference Providers that Monterey Institute of International Studies will contact for a confidential letter of recommendation. Candidates may also have the option of submitting additional letters of recommendation with their application.
Design, develop and deliver excellent learning experience for graduate students to assist their pursuit of professional skills and fulfillment of their career aspirations. Contribute to the advancement of knowledge and practices in professions relevant to the mission of the Institute. Collaborate and serve to achieve academic excellence in the business of the Institute.
Responsible for course design and delivery and curriculum development. Be available on campus to meet with students and colleagues during the academic year. Maintain professional currency in field of expertise. Directed student supervision. Student mentoring. Attendance at faculty meetings. Participate in events and activities that are essential to the Institute.
MA in relevant field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Expertise with project management, CAT and TMS tools (including Trados Studio, WorldServer, memoQ and Memsource)
• Demonstrated teaching ability
• Ability to collaborate effectively as a team member
• Ability to work with graduate students from varied linguistic, educational, and experiential backgrounds
• Fluent in a non-English language as first or second language (Chinese preferred)
Extensive experience in the localization industry and in teaching/training; specifically, experience with:
• Project/Program Management on the buyer (client) side or LSP side;
• CAT and TMS tools, DTP, subtitling, website localization, mobile & desktop app localization, or game localization (preferred)
• Teaching experience, preferably in above-mentioned skill areas
To apply, visit: https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/22640
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency