Business Coordinator II - Collections
Job location: San Antonio TAMUSA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-21
Job TitleBusiness Coordinator II - CollectionsAgencyTexas A&M University - San AntonioDepartmentStudent Business ServicesProposed Minimum Salary$3,126.00 monthlyJob LocationSan Antonio, TexasJob TypeStaffJob Description
The Business Coordinator II - Collections, under general supervision, provides support and coordination of a variety of business activities requiring independent judgment, including reviewing business documents and assisting in developing, monitoring, and reporting accounts and budget data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reviews, approves and provides back up for signing vouchers and requisitions. Reviews and audits reconciliations of accounts. Develops, monitors, and reports budget activity. Prepares complex monthly and annual financial reports. Plans, develops, implements, coordinates, and monitors
programs or services. Provides input and assists in developing policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Coordinates annual fiscal year closing activities and drafts new fiscal year plans. Coordinates fiscal activities. Proposes solutions to complex financial problems. Communicates cash handling procedures, audits and approves cash handling activities, and coordinates unit purchasing activities. Coordinates inventory process and maintenance of business files. Serves as a records management coordinator.
• May serve as a liaison with financial, payroll, and/or human resources. May coordinate personnel activities of the unit. Coordinates and audits personnel files, and reviews and approves leave requests.
• Assists with administration of contracts and grants. Prepares budgets for review by principal investigator(s). Develops complex financial and statistical analyses and summary reports. Composes routine correspondence. Recommends, implements and audits business procedures. Assists with
administration of unit, program, or project.
• Participates in the hiring and training of business staff and/or student workers and may provide supervision. Trains staff on new and existing business procedures and interprets policies and regulations for staff.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Education - Bachelor's degree
Experience - Three years of related experience in general office, accounting, or personnel operations.
Knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications. Interpersonal and communication skills. Planning and organizational skills.
Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
Please make sure to provide the following documents:
2) Cover Letter to include two professional references
For detailed instructions on how to apply for any positions on our website, please use the following link:
Make sure that all required documents are uploaded prior to submitting the application. If you have issues with adding documents with your application, please contact HR at 210-784-2058.
Once your application is submitted, no changes or revisions can be made.
Summary of Employee Benefits
In compliance with ADA, if accommodations are needed for the application process, please contact HR at (210) 784-2058.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.