IT Support Specialist III
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
IT Support Specialist IIIDepartment:
SYS-IT Shared Services-925000Job Location:
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.Position Overview:
This position is responsible for providing quality information technology support through phone, in-person, and computer-based methods. Position may serve as a team lead for overseeing the day-to-day operations of a support team and computer lab. Directly provides customer service through in-person interactions as well as computer-based interactions, including the development and maintenance of self-help resources. Duties reflect substantial variety and complexity. Acts as a resource to other staff in resolution of complex problems and issues.Minimum Qualifications:
Associate’s Degree in related field and three years of related computing work experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1.Thorough knowledge of PC and Mac software and hardware.
2.Experience with in-person, phone, and written customer support.
3.Excellent documentation and communication skills.
4.Professional experience in the information technology field.
5.Professional experience in a team-based environment.
Generally 8 am – 5 pmDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
IT Support Specialist IIIPhysical Requirements:
Ability to communicateo:
• Serves as the first point of contact for customers seeking assistance over the phone, in-person, or through computer-based methodso:
• Documents all support activities through work tracking system, assesses service effectiveness and identifies and implements improvementso:
• Follows up with customers to ensure issues are resolved in a timely mannero:
• Provides support for internal escalations and assists team members when a solution is not immediately availableo:
• Monitors the quality of service provided by the operation and provides feedback and mentoring to the teamo:
• Maintains FAQs and self-help resources using the university-wide knowledge management system and other software platformso:
• Develops and maintains internal resources that enhance the effectiveness of support operationso:
• Helps ensure that support team members are well-trained in-service principles and employ those principles at all timeso:
• Assists with the hiring, training, and supervision of student employees for the support operationo:
• Represents the team at university-wide events, including student and employee orientationso:
• Provides accessible, basic training on UNT IT Services multiple times at the beginning of each semester interval (Spring, Summer, Fall)o:
• Maintains up-to-date knowledge of IT and user services trends to support the University missiono:
• Provides effective advice and recommendations to the IT Service Desk ManagerPosting Number:
S1357PQuicklink for Posting: