Dishwasher -Food Service Assistant - 9mth
UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. Over the past decade, combined UNTS enrollment has grown by more than 25 percent to nearly 44,000 students.Posting Title:
Dishwasher -Food Service Assistant - 9mthDepartment:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Commensurate with experienceDepartment Summary:
It’s About the Food. As the largest self-supported food service department in North Texas, UNT Dining Services offers 5 Dining Halls, 20+ retail venues, an upscale dining restaurant, hydroponic garden, central scratch bakery and catering service—all led by professionally-trained chefs and hospitality experts. UNT is recognized as a national leader in university dining due to the department’s innovative, trendsetting approach to food service and award-winning culinary talent. UNT operates Mean Greens Café, the nation’s first 100% vegan collegiate Dining Hall, and also Kitchen West, Texas’ first and only university Dining Hall Certified Free From™ the Big 8 Food Allergens and Gluten by Kitchens with Confidence. In early 2021, UNT will open its first standalone Dining Hall, Eagle Landing, inspired by urban food halls and home to seven unique restaurant concepts, all available for a single Meal Plan swipe. UNT was named No. 2 in the nation as a college with the best food by Delish.com, and is also the recipient of the prestigious Loyal E. Horton Award and Vegan Recipe Award from the National Association of College and University Food Services. As a founding member of the Menus of Change University Research Collaborative, UNT contributes to groundbreaking research on plant-forward diets, food waste reduction and consumer food choices while accelerating the implementation of the Menus of Change Principles of Healthy, Sustainable Menus.Position Overview:
Excellent customer service, can be responsible for accurate money handling, stocking products and counting inventory, maintains and executes needs in quality, service and cleanliness of dining room. Speed in taking cash and swiping student and staff ID’s to eliminate long lines,while providing a fun, friendly atmosphere.Minimum Qualifications:
There are no minimum education or experience requirements.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions and maintain records and complete forms accurately.
• Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change).
• Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
• Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
• Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Hours VaryDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Food Service Assistant - 9mthPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Cleaning, Climbing, Crawling, Driving, Kneeling, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Lifting up to 25 pounds, Pulling , Pushing, Reaching, Sitting, Squatting, Stooping, Bending, Standing, Twisting, Walking, Writing, Grasp, Talk or Hearo:
1. B6:B22 Has a perfect attendance record; arrives prepared to begin work at scheduled starting time daily.o:
2. When absent or tardy, calls manager or supervisor prior to shift beginning as outlined in Food Department policy.o:
3. does not have excessive absenteeism in accordance with Food Department policy.o:
4. Employee always wears a clean and neat uniform which includes name tag and skid resistant shoes. (Daily; ZERO EXCEPTIONS)o:
5. Exceeds grooming standards as defined in Food Department policy on a daily basis.o:
1. Greets each guest when entering the cafeteria; consistently conveys friendly, helpful and professional manner. (Zero exceptions)o:
2. Follows Food Department and University policies related to cash handling (daily without exceptions). Completes register log sheets as requested by supervisor or manager.o:
3. Keeps all items fully stocked in dining room (dishes, silverware, ice, beverages, etc) as requested by supervisor or manager. Spot checks clean dishes to ensure cleanliness.o:
4. Cleans and sanitizes all plates/dishes and pots/pans according to established HAACP guidelines.o:
5. Monitors dish machine to guarantee proper temperature of all compartments according to HACCP guidelines and Food Department policy. (ZERO EXCEPTIONS)o:
6. Contributes to the success of the department by using positive statements about the Food Department and coworkers.o:
1. Proactively seeks additional work and responsibilities.o:
2. Performs additional work without being instructed to do so.o:
3. Produces high quality work with exceptional efficiency at each meal daily.o:
4. Often completes tasks ahead of schedule.o:
1. Is effective and friendly in communication with team members and customers; is positive and enthusiastic at all the time.o:
2. Anticipates, takes ownership, and satisfies customers, fellow team members, and management needs and concerns.Posting Number:
S1504PQuicklink for Posting: