Laboratory Technician I
Job no: 515520
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Research/Scientific/Grants, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:60212100 - AG-SOIL SAMPLE INCIDENTAL
Advertised: 20 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 27 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Laboratory Technician IJob Description:
- Conducts analytical procedures on segmented flow autoanalyzer for Total Kjeldhal Nitrogen (TKN) analysis and/or other analytes as assigned, which may include ammonium, nitrate, OP or TP.
- Prepares/digests water/tissue/soil samples for TKN and/or other analytes listed above, completes analyses in a timely manner, develops methods, compiles results, tabulates data as per QA/QC protocols
- Prepares information for QA/QC and client reports and manually/electronically uploads the data into the WebLIMS (database).
- Maintains and operates various laboratory equipment- autoanalyzers, Carbon, Nitrogen and Sulfur instrument, pH meter, electrical conductivity meter (EC meter), organic matter (OM) or container media work in the sample prep areas as necessary
- Maintains labware/chemical inventory used for assigned instrument(s), attends to other assignments as requiredExpected Salary:
Up to $16.25, commensurate with education and experienceMinimum Requirements:
Associate's degree in an appropriate area; or a high school diploma or equivalent and two years of related experience. Appropriate college course work or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- a bachelor’s degree with experience in analytical methodologies and procedures such as extractions, digestions, pH and EC meters, OM determinations, chloride (Cl) and phosphorus (P) analysis,
- ability to conduct laboratory procedures with high accuracy, precision, organize data & perform QA/QC analyses on the data as per the protocols.
- basic training of the operation & maintenance of the labortaory instruments
- ability to keep track of several experiments running simultaneously
- interact with laboratory personnel professionallySpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.Health Assessment Required: