Job no: 515567
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:60310000 - AG-FAC PLANNING / OPERATIONS
Accountant IIJob Description:
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and highly motivated professional with the capacity for hard work and vast knowledge of the University’s policies and procedures. Must be proficient in PeopleSoft, myUF Market, and Microsoft Excel, among other programs.
- Operations Budgets: Administration and management of ~ $5 million annual operations budget/expenses, including processing p-cards, requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices. Requires knowledge and adherence to regulations, record retention, and audit requirements. Position will serve as auditor of UF/IFAS statewide maintenance budgets. Responsible for accuracy, timeliness, independent decisions while knowing when/how to escalate concerns when appropriate, train customers, and maintaining both external and internal customer service relationships.
- Construction Project(s) Budgets: Administration and management of ~$20 million ongoing construction budgets, including contracts and expenses. Responsible for p-cards, requisitions, purchase orders, invoices, Project Tracker, auditing, and closeout of projects. Ability to work with funding that spans multiple years. Must have expert knowledge of construction specific rules, funding, and contracts.
- Support: Audits statewide UF/IFAS maintenance expenditures. May assist with specialty projects as assigned. Responsible for backup budgets, training, reconciliation, phone management, record management, billing, contract administration, and miscellaneous office functions as requested. May require use of state vehicles for travel to UF/IFAS departments on Gainesville and other IFAS Facilities statewide.
$48,000 to $58,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience
Valid Florida driver licensePreferred Qualifications:
- Excellent knowledge and experience with UF’s PeopleSoft, Project Tracker, STARS, myUF MarketPlace.
- Expert in UF construction & maintenance rules, funding, and contract processes,
- Knowledge of MaxPanda or other facility maintenance software programs,
- Knowledge of UF travel and utility software,
- Experience with FEMA, FDEM, or insurance,
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams,
- Skilled with Zoom and meeting preparation,
- Skilled in accounting concepts and reconciliation processes,
- Skilled in business/office procedures and customer service,
- Ability to maintain fiscal records, review data for accuracy and completeness, balance and reconcile fiscal reports,
- Understanding of UF funding regulations and auditing processes
- Ability to understand and articulate policies and procedures, and train key stakeholders,
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing,
- Excellent customer service, time management, record-keeping and organizational abilities required,
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
The University of Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty. We welcome nominations of and applications from anyone who would bring additional dimensions to the university’s research, teaching and clinical mission, including women, members of minority groups, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 21 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 03 Feb 2021 Eastern Standard Time