Senior HR Business Partner, UVa Health System
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-21
The University of Virginia is currently seeking a forward-thinking candidate for Senior HR Business Partner. Senior HR Business Partners are strategic communicators who provide best-in-class service to the University of Virginia Health System. The incumbent is responsible for driving and managing the HR experience inclusive of HR program administration, talent planning, performance management coaching and guidance, and risk mitigation to enhance the organization's performance.
Through effective engagement of the University's resources, creative problem solving, exchanging of ideas with university colleagues, and in-depth HR knowledge and experience, the HR Senior Business Partner supports the vision and objectives of the organization and its variety of faculty, staff, and team members. In addition to knowledge and application of human resources strategies, the incumbent will be required to maintain an effective level of business literacy as it relates to the assigned business unit's financial position, culture and engagement, and business objectives.
- Coordinate and administer HR programs and activities with limited supervision.
- Collaborate with Communities of Expertise (CoEs) to create program documents and/or templates used for local program implementations as well as ensure new programs and processes are effectively communicated and implemented within the business unit.
- Facilitate clinical or departmental/unit-specific onboarding activities.
- Apply and reinforce performance management and employee relations practices utilizing CoE endorsed practices (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Create and/or review faculty and high-level staff offer letters, including contracts in partnership with school/unit and external partners (e.g., UPG contracts, coaching contracts).
- Provide interpretation and advice on HR, EOCR, Provost, HIPAA, ADAAA, and other governing policies, processes, and laws.
- Work with Managers, HR colleagues, Finance, and CoEs to ensure information is accurate, in support of headcount and budget management.
- Identify and escalate opportunities for improvement that support the school/unit’s goals and objectives, resulting in a better client experience and alignment with HR strategy and objectives.
- Partner with COE Leads, Human Resources Business Partners, and organization leadership to effectively administer and improve administration of human resources programs and services.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy as it relates to the assigned business unit’s financial position, culture and engagement, and business objectives.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Successful candidates will have a Bachelor's degree and at least seven years of progressive experience. Preference will be given to candidates with experience working in higher education, university hospitals, or medical settings. CEBS, CBP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, or equivalent professional certification is preferred.
Preference will be given to applications received by February 5, 2021. The successful candidate will pass a background check and health screen. PROCESS FOR INTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please apply through your Workday Home page, search “Find Jobs,” and search for ‘Senior HR Business Partner.’ Complete an application online and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). PROCESS FOR EXTERNAL UVA APPLICANTS: Please visit UVA job board https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/UVAJobs, search for Requisition R0021299, complete the application and attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (name, email address, telephone number, address). Please note that multiple documents can be uploaded in the box. Applications that do not contain all of the required documents will not receive full consideration. For information regarding the position or the application process, please contact Michele Jarman at email@example.com.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.