Research Technician III (Part Time)
Community Environment & PolicyDepartment Website Link:
UAHS - TucsonAddress:
University of Arizona Health Sciences, Tucson, AZ 85724 USAPosition Highlights:
The Research Technician III selected for this position will oversee a variety of operational activities within the multi-investigator research laboratories of ESRAC. These activities include but are not limited to implementation of appropriate quality assurance and quality control standards, procurement of equipment, services and supplies, assistance with a multitude of research projects related to the monitoring and detection of microbial and chemical hazards in the environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintains laboratory chemical and biological equipment and supply inventory.
- Updates and develops standard operating procedures for laboratory operations.
- Assists with research projects related to field collection and assay of BSL2 and BSL3 microbial pathogens.
- Maintains standard laboratory quality control and quality assurance protocols.
- Monitors and validates equipment operation and calibration
- Orders laboratory supplies for research and training
- Supervises other staff and interns
- Creates routine summary reports of experimental results.
- Provides technical assistance as directed by supervisor.
- Oversees long-term planning and budgeting for research projects.
- Performs and trains others in basic methods of environmental sampling and assaying.
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent learning attained through experience required; AND Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required; OR an Associates' Degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience; AND Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience required in addition to education requirement.
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practices at the University and national levels. - Knowledge of cultural and molecular laboratory equipment and microbial assays - Experience in microbial field sampling - Experience in a Public Health settingFLSA:
Non-ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
4Career Stream and Level:
Research & LabJob Function:
ResearchType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
2/1/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Kelly Reynolds | [email protected]Open Date:
1/20/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.