Program Manager, Advanced Learning Initiatives
The Advanced Learning Program Manager (ALPM) assists with design and executes the Irving Institute’s multidisciplinary energy and society education programs for post-undergraduate learners. Programs include remote and in-person delivery; degree and non-degree options; early-, mid-, and late-career professional students; short (daylong to week-long) and long (multiple months) formats.
The ALPM helps identify and prioritize program opportunities that advance the Institute’s educational mission and revenue generation goals. The ALPM fosters collegial and productive relationships with entities across Dartmouth as well as with external partners.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts, online learning platforms, Dartmouth instructional designers, and others to design, develop, implement, and evaluate educational programming. Hosts/curates online modules or courses as appropriate. 50%
- Identifies and coordinates learning projects and internships as a component of advanced learner programs. 20%
- Programs and hosts in-person and residential learning modules. 15%
- Assesses educational markets and advises Institute leadership on opportunities that fit Institute strengths and vision. 15%
Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree and 5-7 years relevant work experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in developing and delivering educational programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of a broad range of energy topics.
- Demonstrated familiarity with online learning platforms.
- Demonstrated experience with managing complex programs, including budgets.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational, team-building, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- High level of integrity; excellent judgment and discretion with sensitive issues.
- Adept at balancing mission-driven program development with careful attention to efficient use of monetary, personnel, and time resources.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with equal ease.
- Work experience in higher education, professional education, and/or online teaching and learning.
- Knowledge of clean energy technologies and policies.
- Experience working in energy.
- Experience with education market research.
- Experience with educational evaluation and assessment.
- Experience with supervising and/or coordinating internships.
- Strong digital media skills.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
For additional information and to apply, please visit https://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/56234
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.