UA GlobalDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Business Manager will be a member of the UA Global’s Finance and Administration team and will play a key role in supporting the university's strategic objectives, as contained in Pillar 4 (Arizona Global) of the university's strategic plan. The Business Manager will assist in managing budgeting, auditing, planning, reporting, and reconciliation to ensure the financial integrity of UA Global programs. This position will be the primary contact for University of Arizona Global Locations (Microcampus) and Study Abroad program finances. The successful candidate will be a team-oriented self-starter, who is able to exercise good judgement, and be comfortable trying new things in a fast-paced environment.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Provide financial analysis, budgeting, accounting, reporting, and reconciliation for UA Global programs.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of UAccess Financials and UAccess Analytics to support department users as appropriate and use this knowledge to create reports and dashboards that are beneficial to the Global Locations and Study Abroad teams.
- Review and approve UAccess transactional documents and payroll.
- Facilitate relationships with international partner institutions, review contract terms, and bill partner institutions.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration to coordinate the annual budgeting process and provide regular, up-to-date, budget-to-actual reports.
- Provide input on new financial models and new programs.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of directly comparable experience.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in financial analysis/modeling, strategic planning, and fiscal management of a complex budget with multiple funding sources. • Experience with HR, payroll, and day to day transaction oversight.• Experience in extracting information and data from major UA systems.• Foreign language and international experience.FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Organizational AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$50,000 - $65,000, DOECompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Administrative OperationsJob Function:
Organizational AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
1/17/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
1/5/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.