Asst/Assoc Prof, Civil and Arch Eng and Mech, Cyber/Phys Urban Eng Sys (req 4035)
Civil Arch Engr and MechanicsDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics at the University of Arizona invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the areas of Cyber-Physical Urban Engineering Systems. We seek to hire an assistant or associate professor with research interests centered on the integration of computational and physical systems focused on urban engineering systems defined as a multi-disciplinary field that addresses both the foundational principles and integrative outcomes of various inter-dependent elements composing a modern city. We are seeking a candidate with expertise in the development and/or utilization of distributed data networks to improve the understanding, maintenance, and/or operation of urban engineering systems. Successful candidates are expected to have expert knowledge in one or more aligned research areas including, but not limited to, connecting behavior with system response; integrated operation of multiple infrastructure systems; advanced networking and communication; integration with mobile data streams; big-data analytics; machine learning/AI; sensor technology, modeling and simulation of urban engineering system dynamics; and incorporation of uncertainty in all phases of analysis and design. The successful candidate will be expected to complement existing research in at least one of the following areas: the transportation, water resources, and/or structures. Applications will be reviewed starting February 15, 2021 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here http://talent.arizona.edu/
- The successful candidate is expected to developand maintain an internationally-recognized, externally-funded research program.
- Provide excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching and education;
- Contribute to mentoring students, including those from underrepresentedbackgrounds; and contribute to scholarly activities performed within academiccommunities across the university.
- Thesuccessful candidate will also be expected to contribute in meaningful ways tointerdisciplinary research and educational activities that complement and aresynergistic within the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Candidates are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have a PhD, or equivalent, in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Candidates for the Associate Professor rank must have a distinguished record of published research, demonstrate significant impact on the profession and success at securing funding to support a research program.
- Selected candidate must provide education credentials during the offer discussions.
Some prior teaching experience is desired.
Preference will be given to candidates with a strong demonstrated background and interest in cutting edge research with the transportation area.
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
8/23/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Dominic L. Boccelli, Department Head Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics [email protected]Open Date:
1/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
3. In the 'Additional Document' slot: a Statement of Research Interests (no more than 3 pages)
4. In the 'Additional Document' slot: a Statement of Teaching Interests and Philosophy (no more than 2 pages)
5. In the 'Additional Document' slot: a list of four references with address, email and phone contact information.
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.