Asst/Assoc Prof, Civil and Arch Eng and Mech, Adv Materials in Civ Eng (req 4045)
Civil Arch Engr and MechanicsDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Department of Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics at the University of Arizona invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the areas of Advanced Materials in Civil Engineering. We seek to hire an assistant or associate professor with research interests in the area of innovative materials and evaluation methods. We are interested in applicants with expertise in one or more of the following: innovative material development; structural/material health monitoring; new efficient construction materials; and non-destructive evaluation. Emphasis in areas that will improve the sustainability and resilience of civil infrastructure is preferred. Examples of desirable expertise include, without being limited to: (i) design and development of new construction materials such as new composites and smart materials based on coupled advanced multiscale computational modeling and experimental characterization; (ii) Utilization of 3-D printing including large scale printing in development and application of new construction materials; and (iii) development and application of novel non-destructive evaluation methods for material characterization and health monitoring. Applications will be reviewed starting February 15, 2021 and will be accepted until the position is filled.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; sick leave and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- The successful candidate is expected to developand maintain an internationally-recognized, externally-funded research program;provide excellence in undergraduate and graduate teaching and education;
- Contribute to mentoring students, including those from underrepresentedbackgrounds; and contribute to scholarly activities performed within academiccommunities across the university.
- Thesuccessful candidate will also be expected to contribute in meaningful ways tointerdisciplinary research and educational activities that complement and aresynergistic within the University’s Strategic Plan.
- Candidates are expected to have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Candidates must have a PhD, or equivalent, in Civil Engineering or a related field.
- Candidates for the Associate Professor rank must have a distinguished record of published research, demonstrate significant impact on the profession and success at securing funding to support a research program.
- Selected candidate must provide education credentials during the offer discussions.
Some prior teaching experience is desired.
Preference will be given to those candidates with a strong background in geotechnical engineering.
To be DeterminedTenure Information:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
8/23/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Dr. Dominic L. Boccelli, Department Head Civil and Architectural Engineering and Mechanics [email protected]Open Date:
1/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV), Cover Letter, and Three Additional DocumentsSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
Please submit the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
3. In the Additional Document slot a Statement of Research Interests (no more than 3 pages)
4. In the Additional Document slot a Statement of Teaching Interests and Philosophy (no more than 2 pages)
5. In the Additional Document slot a A list of four references with address, email and phone contact information
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.