Vice Chair, Education (Part Time)
PsychiatryDepartment Website Link:Medical Sub-Speciality:Location:
To Be DeterminedAddress:
The Vice Chair for Education reports to the Chair and has general oversight and executive managerial responsibility for the department’s diverse educational programs. Vice Chair for Education is to provide oversight support, direction, coaching, development, and empowerment to a diverse cadre of leaders across our education program including, but not limited to, the residency and fellowship programs, medical student education programs, and allied health education programs.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Chair in fostering an environment that values and promotes educational programs, serving as the chief departmental advocate for investment and improvement in these programs.
- Advises the Chair on educational priorities, funding needs, recruitment and infrastructure support for programs.
- Works with the administrative team to develop annual operating budgets for all educational programs, and monitoring variances throughout the fiscal year.
- Assists the Chair in securing new sources for funding of the departmental educational mission, including organizing philanthropic events, developing funding programs and engaging former trainees (alumni) and faculty.
- Oversees faculty development for medical education.
- Enhances quality and efficiency of the educational programs via creative consolidation and integration.
- Liaises with the university and other departmental and institutional educational and administrative leaders, in support of educational programs and best practice initiatives.
- Maintains and enhances systems for reporting trainee and faculty performance and educational program evaluation data for the purposes of assessment, improvement, annual review, planning and research.
- Oversees mentoring within the department.
- Current faculty appointment required.
- Experience working with a residency program.
-Experience leading academic programs and residencies. MD or DORank :
To Be DeterminedFull Time/Part Time:
Part TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
No BenefitsRate of Pay:
hourly rateType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Jessica Bodzioch | [email protected]Open Date:
1/20/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Curriculum Vitae (CV)Special Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.