Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-02-25
Job Description SummaryThe learning designer works collaboratively with faculty, learning development specialists, and quality assurance personnel to design and develop media rich teaching and learning environments that engage learners by utilizing appropriate learning theories, strategies and appropriate technologies.
In addition, they will provide consulting and design services to faculty in the development of transformative eLearning content for online and blended learning environments including the design and development of online courses using an innovative pedagogical model. This position does not have any direct reports and reports to the Lead Learning Designer and Assistant Vice President of Learning Design.Job Description
- Educate and assist faculty in development of quality content including such activities as mapping content to curriculum requirements, analyzing audience-learning preferences, reviewing methods for design of instructional materials, etc.
- Help foster a positive culture within Learning Design of collaboration, collegiality, innovation, and product excellence.
- Work in partnership with departments and programs to support course and program goals through design as well as pilot projects.
- Potentially participate on strategic initiatives related to, but not limited to, content, learning innovation, teaching strategies, and assessment effective practices.
- Represent Saint Leo University Learning Design at meetings and conferences.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role-plays, games etc).
- Plan and execute media rich course design.
- Write effective copy, instructional text and A/V scripts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree (preferably in instructional design) from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Previous work experience in Instructional Design.
- Successful track-record of planning and executing media rich course design.
- Understanding of trends in higher education, such as distance learning, adaptive learning, competency-based education, use of open education resources (OER), etc.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Understanding of ADA compliance.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience with course development software (i.e. Articualte Storyline, Lectora)
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent social, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Basic HTML5 and CSS skills and knowledge preferred
- Pro-active approach to problem solving, constraints, and issues.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Positive attitude and the ability to encourage the same from team members.
- Demonstrated alignment to Saint Leo University’s core values of excellence, respect, integrity, stewardship, community and personal development.