Job location: Coral Gables, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-21
If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
Supports the University of Miami’s undergraduate transfer admission activities in an effort to assist in the achievement of the University’s enrollment targets, as well as ensure a quality academic experience for transfer students. Assists transfer students, faculty and staff with the transfer equivalency process, including follow up. Maintains and enhances internal databases and completes operational reports.
• Analyzes and evaluates each and all college transcripts to determine the transferability of coursework to the University of Miami
• Ensures prompt and accurate processing of undergrad transfer applications for admissions to the University of Miami
• Matches applications with required supporting documents received, and assigns to proper student record number
• Manages all application workflow using Hyland OnBase and determines priorities for reading
• Uses CaneLink/PeopleSoft, OnBase, and Web Admit systems to cross reference and review all incoming undergraduate transfer applicants for admissibility
• Reviews and evaluates all required supporting documents and credentials
• Establishes if an applicant will need to submit additional documents to complete evaluation process
• Updates Student’s Electronic “To Do” Checklist to keep applicants informed of credentials required to complete evaluation process or any additional supporting documents, necessary to make a decision
• Makes sure all credentials are current and verifies they are official (official transcripts, letters of recommendation, SAT, ACT and other entrance exams, College Reports, showing disciplinary statement)
• Understanding of how to interpret International Evaluations
• Evaluates international external examinations to determine if college credits can be awarded including but not limited to the following: General Certificate of Education (GCE) AS and A Levels, Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination (CAPE) and French Baccalaureate
• Manually equates university course equivalents, and recalculates all transferable grade point averages (GPAs)
• Researches accreditations of colleges and universities when questionable
• Ensures compliance with UM policies, procedures, practices and specific program requirements, and with federal, state and local legal/regulatory standards, for example, (FERPA) are followed by employees
• Performs other duties as required or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position
Bachelor's degree and/or two (2) years of appropriate experience
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Proficient experience with Microsoft Office Suite
The ability to work effectively with diverse groups
Required to spend 60% or more of the time in front of a computer
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c102