Nursing: NNP Faculty
Nursing: NNP FacultyPosition Number :
976126Vacancy Open to :
All CandidatesDepartment :
HSH CON Adv Nurs Pract and EducDepartment Homepage :
https://nursing.ecu.edu/Advertising Department :
NURSING-COLLEGE OFDivision :
Health SciencesWorking Title :
Nursing: NNP FacultyNumber of Vacancies :
1Full Time Equivalent (FTE) :
1.0Full Time or Part Time :
Full TimeRecruitment Range:
Commensurate with QualificationsPosition Location (City) :
Faculty (Teaching)Job Category :
Faculty (Teaching)Organizational Unit Overview:
The mission of the college is to serve as a national model for transforming the health of rural under served regions through excellence and innovation in nursing education, leadership, research, scholarship, and practice.Job Duties :
East Carolina University College of Nursing is currently seeking applications for a full-time 12-month faculty position to teach students in the MSN, Neonatal Nurse Practitioner (NNP) Concentration. Teaching will include clinical and didactic courses in the NNP program, assisting with clinical evaluations and academic advising. This position is required on campus two days per week for meetings and committee work.Minimum Education/Experience :
• A valid non-restricted North Carolina advanced practice registered nurse license is required upon employment.
• Five years of advanced practice clinical experience as NNP.
• Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institution.
• Master’s degree in Nursing.
• National certification as a NNP.
• Scholarship activity, effective oral and written communication skills, effective interpersonal and teaching skills to work with a diverse student body, primarily via worldwide web.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse faculty.
• Experience mentoring students.
• For continued employment, the candidate must complete the DNP, PhD or related terminal degree within five (5) years.
• If currently enrolled in a program, the institution conferring the DNP or PhD or related terminal degree must be appropriately accredited.
• For tenure or tenure-track, must have demonstrated evidence of research or scholarly work.License or Certification Required by Statute or Regulation :
A valid non-restricted North Carolina advanced practice registered nurse license (NNP) is required upon employment.**Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education :
• Demonstrated experience, credentials, and scholarship in NP clinical and academic teaching roles.
• Online teaching experience.Special Instructions to Applicant :
East Carolina University requires applicants to submit a candidate profile online in order to be considered for the position. In addition to submitting a candidate profile online, please submit online the following required
• Curriculum Vitae
• Letter of Interest
• List of Three References (noting contact information)
Additionally, an original transcript of your highest degree is required upon hire. If the highest degree is not in nursing, please provide original of highest degree and original of highest degree in nursing.Additional Instructions to Applicant:
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must complete a candidate profile online via the PeopleAdmin system and submit any requested documents. Additionally, applicants that possess the preferred education and experience must also possess the minimum education/experience, if applicable.Job Open Date :
01/21/2021Open Until Filled:
YesInitial Screening Begins :
Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, InstructorQuick Link for Direct Access to Posting :
East Carolina University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and seeks to create an environment that fosters the recruitment and retention of a more diverse student body, faculty, staff and administration. We encourage qualified applicants from women, minorities, veterans, individuals with a disability, and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race/ethnicity, color, genetic information, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, political affiliation, or veteran status.
Individuals requesting accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA) should contact the Department of Human Resources at (252) 737-1018 (Voice/TTY) or [email protected].Eligibility for Employment :
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. ECU participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.Office of Human Resources Contact Information :
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (252) 328-9847 or toll free at 1-866-489-1740 or send an email to [email protected] Our office is available to provide assistance Monday-Friday from 8:00-5:00 EST.