The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.Responsibilities
- Clean, sanitize and disinfect bathrooms, restrooms including showers, sinks, mirrors, fixtures and other similar equipment. Refill all dispensers.
- Dust furniture, equipment and flat surfaces. Clean Windowsills, ledges, door knobs/frames/trim, radiators, baseboards and tops of windows.
- Empty wastepaper bins and recycling bins. Deposit waste/food waste/recyclables in the appropriate dumpsters. Pickup and discard debris at bldg. entrances, by dumpsters and clean urns.
- Push out (dry mop), scrub, wet mop, strip, wax, finish and buff floors.
- Clean lobbies, meeting rooms and cafeteria.
- Clean stairwells and railings, elevators, steps, steps leading to buildings and de-ice in winter weather.
- Clean and disinfect all high touched surfaces in building.
- Clean draperies, curtains and Venetian blinds as necessary.
- Report need for maintenance and repairs by placing work order of informing supervisor.
- Clean utility rooms and dumpster trash areas and keep custodian utility room (custodial closets) clean, disinfected and in order.
- Sets up furniture in rooms, and tables and chairs for special functions.
- Responsible for proper handling of all equipment. Proper cleaning of equipment and maintenance of equipment (vacuum bag replacement, brush installation and tag out for repairs indicating deficiencies on tags)
- Operates manual and power custodian equipment and perform Operators Daily Checklist as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Environment, Safety & Health: Has knowledge of and supports Laboratory ES&H requirements; consistently applies them. Encourages others to be safety conscious and observe safety rules including use of safety equipment. Reviews work for environmental impact. Complies with ES&H Directives, DOE Orders and OSHA standards. Attends required training.
Education and Experience:
- Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions. Must be able to follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work nonstandard work shifts: example 5AM to 1:30PM
- Will be required to pass a physical.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Indicate the minimum level of formal education, specialized training, licenses certifications, registrations and years of related work experience required to perform the job.
- Stand or walk 2-4 hours at one time for 6-8 hours per day;
- Bend at the waist greater than 5 times per minute, when averaged over an 8 hour day;
- Lift or carry up to 10 pounds frequently (100-500 times per day, or from 34 – 66% of the workday);
- Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (up to 100 times per day, up to 33% of the workday);
- Push or pull using forces up to 10 pounds constantly (over 500 times per day, or over 66% of the workday);
- Push or pull using forces up to 60 pounds occasionally (up to 100 times per day, or up to 33% of the workday);
- Repetitively use hands for simple grasping, pushing, or pulling;
- Bend, push, or pull frequently (33-66% of the work day);
- Bend, squat, kneel, climb, reach overhead, or lift overhead occasionally (up to 33% of the work day);
- Lift up to 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to shoulder height;
- Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead;
- Climb stairs, climb an 8 foot ladder, and shovel snow;
- Work outdoors in a variety of environmental conditions.
- 5AM to 1:30PM
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeYesBenefits EligibleYesEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoEstimated Appointment End Date9/30/2021Physical Capacity Exam RequiredYesValid Driver's License RequiredNoUnion CodeSEU-Service Employees Inter Union #LI-CL1