Assistant Registrar Location:
Georgia Gwinnett College Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Georgia Gwinnett College is searching for a full-time dedicated professional to join the Registrar¿s Office team. Reporting to the Associate Registrar, the primary responsibility of this position is to assist the Associate Registrar and the office of Registration Services with various responsibilities including maintaining the student degree audit systems (CAPP, DegreeWorks and the Student Educational Planner) and provide training on these systems. The Assistant Registrar will have management responsibilities for the supervision of Enrollment Management Associates. The position will assist with graduation, registration, study abroad registration, transient registration, ARCHE cross registration and eCore registration as well as other duties as assigned. The position will serve on the college mentoring committee and other committees as needed.
- DegreeWorks functional processes to include Scribe language.
- Provide direct assistance and advice to the Registrar and Associate Registrar regarding designated areas within Registration Services.
- Assist with the management of designated areas; ensure adherence to state, federal and college regulations and guidelines as appropriate for assigned areas; and assist with the development of new or modified policies and procedures for assigned areas.
- Counsel students on academic, registration, and records problems for assigned areas; discuss problems with appropriate academic faculty or administrators and seek solutions within the framework of established policies and regulations.
- Assist the Associate Registrar with projects including serving on committees or teams, providing project analyses and research, and preparing documents and reports.
- Assist with or supervise the input/update of student data and academic records.
- Provide leadership and set a high standard of professionalism for designated area by providing high quality customer services not only to students and the general public, but also to divisional and university staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- 4 Year / Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college / university and experience with DegreeWorks
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- DegreeWorks functional processes to include Scribe language
- Manage time to meet project deadlines
- Supervise and train staff
- Foster a cooperative work environment
- Configuration and use of the Banner student database
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information
- Create, compose and edit written materials
- Provide professional direction, guidance and counsel to a wide range of constituencies
- Set a high standard of professionalism by providing high quality customer services to both the general public as well as students, faculty and staff.
Conditions of Employment
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Gwinnett College is an equal employment, equal access, equal educational opportunity, and affirmative action institution. It is the policy and practice of our institution to recruit, hire, train, promote, retain, and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, sex/gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, ADA, Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, AREA, and Executive Order 11246 ). For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy, please contact the Georgia Gwinnett College Human Resources Team at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Payroll and Benefits at (678) 407.5070 or email [email protected] Any individual who feels that they may have been discriminated against, should contact the Office of Diversity & Equity Compliance at [email protected]