Staff Assistant C
Staff Assistant C
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
Posted Job Title
Staff Assistant C
Job Profile Title
Staff Assistant C
Job Description Summary
The Staff Assistant will perform high-level, multi-faceted, administrative, logistical and other support and coordination duties for the Executives. Manage University-wide special projects of priority, which may include donor and board stewardship and other high level projects in a fast-paced environment. Will be responsible for coordinating the Executive's complex schedules and serve as a liaison for all internal/external individuals and organizations. Develop and maintain office procedures, coordinate meetings and events, prepare presentations and materials for meeting. Draft important correspondences, research and reports for the Executive. Will manage expense processes and perform detailed work in the areas of compliance and accreditation. Establish and maintain critical office systems and protocols, including document management system and other systems required to improve efficiency, information sharing and shared learning.
The Staff Assistant serves a diverse set of functions consisting of primary administrative support and coordination to the Chief and the Director, Division Administration (DDA) of the Division of Infectious Diseases. The Staff Assistant serves as the Chief's liaison within the University and to external institutions/constituents and handles both internal and external communications of behalf of the Chief. The Staff Assistant serves as Faculty Coordinator and meets established deadlines of the Department of Medicine and Perelman School of Medicine faculty affairs program. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with faculty, as well as the ability to exercise discretion in working with confidential and sensitive matters. Excellent verbal and written communication. Other Penn Medicine duties as assigned.
Bachelors plus 3-5 year of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required - 5-7 years of experience is preferred.
1) Manage & maintain Chief's and DDA's complex calendar; Schedule small and large & arrange meetings; Arrange travel & reimbursement
2) Manage & Coordinate faculty appointments, reappointments, promotions, sabbaticals, terminations, & affirmative action/EEO compliance; Administer Annual Faculty Assessment
3) Coordinate faculty recruitment to the Perelman SOM, including: advertise, plan itinerary, travel, hotel, dinner, lectures, interviews; escort candidate, facilitate reimbursement, assist with on-boarding
4) Serve as a liaison to faculty, staff, & internal programs, centers & schools within the University as well as faculty, scientists, & leaders from external institutions
5) Draft, edit, & proofread correspondence & other materials, Prepare annual report, Transcribe meeting minutes; Contribute to maintenance of web content & development of vision/strategy for website
6) Act as Continuing Medical Education (CME) Coordinator, Compile & submit required paperwork for accreditation; Report & organize data from ID grand rounds evaluations & create
7) Develop systems to facilitate smooth functioning of division office; Maintain conference room schedule; Oversee purchase of supplies; facilities maintenance; mail, Create & maintain list-serves
8) Plan, schedule, & facilitate events; arrange facilities, catering, invitation design, plan guest travel & itinerary, facilitate reimbursement, ensure compliance with University internal policies
9) Provide backup of Administration when necessary
10) Provide additional duties as assigned & other Penn Medicine duties as assigned; OMA Credentialing Applications: initiation/follow through/completion.
*indicates essential duty
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
Perelman School of Medicine
$42,953.00 - $77,315.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Med-JPM-Infectious-Diseases-Section/Staff-Assistant-C_JR00018457
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency