System Administrator, Professional Service Specialist 2
Job no: 494968
Work type: Regular full time
Location: Glassboro, New Jersey
- Are you a dedicated, adaptable, self-starter who enjoys learning and working with a wide variety of technologies? Rowan University is seeking an experienced, innovative System Administrator to join our growing community. In this position, you will work with a large and creative team responsible for the configuration, operation, and maintenance of the University's Enterprise mission critical Linux Server environment, VMWare platform, and supporting services. This includes various hypervisor platforms, enterprise storage, Citrix, network infrastructure, and other core service offerings. You will be a member of the Infrastructure Services staff responsible for the day-to-day operation of the server and network environments, in addition to representing Infrastructure Services on division and institution wide projects.
- Implementation, configuration, maintenance, support, and security of the University's Linux Server environment. This includes Red Hat, Oracle Linux, Fedora, Red Hat Satellite
- Administration of hypervisor VMWare platform.
- Maintain and service Hewlett Packard Enterprise server hardware (HPE BL & DL hardware platforms).
- Ownership and responsibility for various other System Administration related roles as applicable.
- Create and maintain system and architectural documentation, diagrams, and operational procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree. 3 years of relevant professional experience. Working knowledge of Red Hat based Linux distributions, VMware, TCP/IP, and DNS/DHCP.Extensive knowledge of enterprise server hardware.Familiarity with standard methodologies surrounding the proper maintenance and support of a 24x7 server infrastructure.Awareness of security industry standards and technologies. Strength in solving technical problems and offering creative solutions.Ability to excel when working with multi-functional teams on complex IT projects.Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
Advertised: Jan 20 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 13 2021 11:55 PM Eastern Standard Time