The Creative Director works closely with the Special Assistant to the President to visualize and represent the brand and message of the College. The Creative Director provides direction to graphic designers on both campuses as well as freelancers to ensure a consistent brand, while also ensuring all projects are completed on time. The individual is responsible for design, development, production, and quality control on all print materials and digital media. The Director must be able to work on individual tasks while still maintaining a vision of the larger advancement picture. Strong communication and technology skills are essential. Flexible hours are required.
- Establishes and promotes design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Ensures dynamic, brand-compliant message content, design, and visual identity in all collateral materials while reflecting the diversity that is representative of our regional college and the students we serve.
- Designs and implements digital advertising for on and off campus materials including but not limited to: multipurpose booklets, brochures, flyers, invitations, forms, catalogs, newsletters, e-newsletters, programs, annual reports, handbooks, and certificates.
- Prepares competitive bid and quotation requests, identifies potential vendors, prepares specifications and criteria, and assists in the evaluation process.
- Works effectively with vendors in preparation and final production of all communications and marketing materials both print and digital.
- Assists in the collaboration and management of projects delivered by outside marketing consultants and marketing alliances.
- Supervises and provide direction to assigned personnel.
- Ensures that all marketing compliance and copyright laws and guidelines are adhered to in all materials.
- Collaborates with other college departments on marketing strategies, projects, and event advertisements.
- Approaches projects from all angles and helps the client determine all the pieces necessary to complete a full package including print and digital across various platforms.
- Interacts positively as a member of the communications and marketing team, assuring that annually established goals and objectives related to the position are met or exceeded.
- Represents members of the marketing and public relations team on committees and boards, both internal and external, as assigned.
- Participates in approved professional development activities.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience as a senior designer
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Ability to design in email platforms such as Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- High level of personal motivation, initiative and creativity
- Strong customer service skills and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with varied hours to meet department and College needs
- Ability to travel to multiple educational institutions, utilizing personal vehicle for travel
- Possess the ability to work well and communicate effectively with prospective and current students, staff, faculty, administration, and colleagues and community partners in large and small settings.
- Demonstrated cultural competence, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff and a commitment to a student-centered environment.