Director of Financial Aid
Cleveland Institute of Art is one of the nation's leading accredited independent colleges of art and design. For over 135 years, the college has been an educational cornerstone in Cleveland, Ohio, producing graduates competitive as studio artists, designers, photographers, contemporary craftsmen, and educators.
The Cleveland Institute of Art invites applications for the position of Director of Financial Aid. Reporting to the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Marketing, CIA is seeking a dynamic financial aid professional who will serve as a key leader in the enrollment department. The Director of Financial Aid is responsible for the oversight of strategic direction, management and distribution of student financial aid, and the delivery of superior service to college financial aid applicants and their families. The director will serve as a strategic partner and collaborative leader in the ongoing advancement of the institutions financial aid programs, policies, and strategies, as well as in overall strategic enrollment planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, recommends, and administers various financial aid strategies and programs as well as policies and procedures that best support CIA’s enrollment objectives
- Serves as the institutional representative and subject matter expert on strategic financial aid practices, compliance with regulations, and packaging of student financial aid
- Serves as liaison with third party Financial Aid consultants in developing and monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of financial aid leveraging strategies
- Provides net tuition revenue projections that include enrollment and discounting assumptions
- Responsible for supervising daily operations of the financial aid department providing an environment of support, development, and cross training of staff
- Oversees Financial Aid Database management and ensures complete and accurate recordkeeping
- Responsible for data collection and analysis that supports all facets of Financial Aid activities
- Prepares and presents management reports on key performance metrics as defined by college
- Manages the process for awarding and distributing funds to eligible students in accordance with internal policies and external regulations
- Reviews student appeals and makes recommendations in concert with other key campus partners
- Ensures complete compliance with all federal and state regulations, and institutional policies, as well as the completion of various surveys and all federal and state reporting requirements, including annual FISAP
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the timely review and reconciliation of information with Business Affairs, Registrar, and other offices
- Ensures the efficacy of all processes and electronic functions within the financial aid procedures to provide best practices, customer care, and timely notifications of student eligibility.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, an advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Financial Aid
- Extensive knowledge of financial aid regulations, including best practices for policies and procedures
- Experience with database management and proficiency in data retrieval
- Experience with PowerFAIDS and Jenzabar is a plus.
Send resume with cover letter, and salary requirements by February 12, 2021 to: [email protected] please reference job code: DFA21 in the email subject line
Cleveland Institute of Art (CIA)is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, CIA complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, gender identity, or national origin.
Apply for Director of Financial Aid
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly