This position performs a variety of recruitment tasks specific to the assigned territory for the Admissions Department. Maintains a welcoming and educating atmosphere for prospective students, families, and visitors during on-campus visits, recruitment events, and high school/college visits. Delivers friendly, efficient customer service and supplies information regarding undergraduate admission for the Office of Admissions.
Typical Duties/Job Duties:
Manage a successful territory relationship management recruitment plan by:
• Providing exceptional customer service to all students and guests
• Working with the supervisor in analyzing application and enrollment trends in order to develop appropriate territory recruitment strategies; assessing the effectiveness and adjusting strategies as necessary
• Traveling (at supervisors discretion) to attend recruitment events and make presentations to prospective and admitted students and parents at high schools, community colleges, and evening programs targeting new freshmen, transfer students, domestic international populations, and other target populations as determined by supervisor.
• Multitasking and managing daily responsibilities in Customer Relationship Management systems
• Developing and maintaining knowledge and understanding of current admissions standards, college placement tests, curriculum prerequisites degree requirements, and restrictions and exceptions for potential undergraduate applicants
• Developing and managing relationships with key constituencies in the territory to include high school and community college counselors, Angelo State University alumni, current students, and parents
• Proactively using and leveraging SalesForce system to segment and identify candidates for follow up.
• Leveraging social media outlets to connect and communicate with students in an assigned territory.
• Possessing a generalist knowledge of the Angelo State University student experience, and the ability to communicate that experience in a clear and concise manner
• Working together with supervisor and colleagues to execute best practices in territory management.
• Possessing a strong understanding of cultural competency, and how to communicate effectively to different audiences
• Ensuring all students in the assigned territory are aware of deadlines, application procedures, and financial aid eligibility criteria
• Understanding FAFSA deadlines, process, procedures, and changes in order to accurately advise students
• Possessing a generalist knowledge of all Angelo State University programs and services, in order to refer students to the appropriate contact
• Developing and maintaining professional relationships with staff in all enrollment units at Angelo State University
Participate as an engaged member of the Office of Admissions team by:
• Supporting the daily campus visit program by giving presentations and providing tours.
• Reactively answering questions via phone, e-mail, and mail in a timely manner
• Participating in meetings, committees, and special projects on behalf of the Office of Admissions as appropriate
• Supporting institutional, divisional, and departmental objectives
• Supporting all staff professional development and training opportunities
• Assisting colleagues with team projects
• Participating in other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Good knowledge of: a student-centered/customer service-oriented philosophy is essential; good management principles and practices and their application; techniques and procedures used in program development; developing, reporting, and evaluating programs; knowledge and understanding of the structure and chain of responsibilities within a university; record-keeping systems; public relations and marketing principles; use of automation in the workplace.
Experience/Skill In: compiling and analyzing information; identifying and defining problems/alternatives and developing recommendations; presenting information clearly and concisely; planning, organizing, and implementing workshops, programs, and conferences; extensive experience speaking publicly to small and large groups.
Ability to: operate independently, exercising independent judgment and discretion and with little or no guidance, and to be able to make decisions on behalf of the Office of Admissions and the university that is appropriate, timely, and defensible; display strong organizational skills; communicate effectively, both in writing and orally, with individuals and large groups; quickly gain familiarity with university policies, procedures, and programs; work cooperatively as part of a team with a variety of people, including students, faculty, and administrators; promote activities using skills such as writing, advertising, and design; serve as a liaison with other departments/institutions; explain and implement policies and procedures.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree required
Valid driver’s license
Travel for several weeks in the fall and in the spring and evenings and weekends.
Fluent in Spanish. Master’s degree in student counseling, education, business or Public Relations, or other related fields. Knowledge of Texas and Angelo State University. Experience working in an admissions office, operating audio/visual/video equipment, and computer experience. Extensive experience in recruiting, public relations, sales, marketing, or related fields. Ability to learn admissions and financial aid requirements and deadlines for high school and transfer students; general knowledge about all Angelo State University programs, majors, services, their requirements, restrictions, and costs.
Ability to lift and move 40 pounds.
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].
Desired Start Date:
Open Until Filled: