At Amarillo College, our students are the priority. It is our mission and our responsibility to enrich their lives by helping them identify an educational pathway that will lead to success in life. It is therefore required that every team member, regardless of job title or duties, be responsible, first and foremost, for assisting students in every way.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Associate Accountant to join our team in the Business Office who will adhere to the aforementioned mission statement, and who will perform professional-level accounting duties, such as bank reconciliations, journal entry preparation, internal audits, and special duties as assigned.
GENERAL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Required: Associate Degree
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business related field
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance role.
- Basic Accounting experience is a plus.
- Experience with Colleague software is a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work as a team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Generates checks, balances general ledgers and balance sheets.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of accounting systems and be proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Capable of meeting essential deadlines.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to lift up to 20 lbs. of computer reports, etc.
- Ability to work under stress, to work independently and as a team member and deal with people in a professional manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for assisting with general accounting duties in the Business Office.
- Responsible for reconciliation of all college bank statements on a monthly basis to balance to college’s accounting system.
- Complete reports and journal entries to reflect expenses.
- Assist auditors with needed records and information regarding all audits.
- Comply with all college, state and local procedures, rules and regulations. Observe and promote continual improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- As an Amarillo College employee, seek knowledge of and pledge to actively engage in a culture of caring striving to serve students, peers and the community by embracing the AC Core Values: Wow, Family, Fun, Innovation, and Yes!
Physical Demands: Frequently required to travel between offices and buildings, and requires the ability to lift, carry, push, pull and/or maneuver office supplies as needed.
Working Conditions: Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Working Environment: This position operates in a professional office environment, routinely uses standard office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, fax machines), and may require work outside of the office with little to no supervision.
Travel: Some travel may be required for this position.
Salary: Aligned with the current published salary scale for the represented position grade, commensurate with experience.
Diversity and Inclusion Statement
Amarillo College is committed to hiring and retaining a racially diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization who not only reflect the demographics of our clients but also continue to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our customers.
Promotional Opportunity Policy
Under the Amarillo College Promotional Opportunity Policy, only current appointed or part-time non-appointed employees will be considered for a position during the first five (5) working days from notice or posting