Under the direction of the Assistant Dean, the Operations Coordinator is responsible for coordinating open enrollment Vocational and Lifelong Learning course operations and activities and overseeing daily logistical operations of the areas. The Operations Coordinator is engaged across the college to help realize the mission of the School of Continuing Education while also implementing processes that lead to the school's success, efficiency, and growth.
1. Coordinate open enrollment Vocational and Lifelong Learning course operations and activities tied into the daily logistical operations of the areas.
2. Provide receptionist, administrative and clerical support to the area as needed; maintain budget records for the area, including processing check requests and invoices; coordinate mailings and other administrative projects; order supplies, and makes logistical arrangements.
3. Plan, coordinate, and assist in the promotion and marketing of Career Connection workshops, events and activities for job-seeking students.
4. Organize office functions and establish internal procedures; publish and maintain procedure documents and guidelines; develop and utilize systems to track office records and allow for consistent and effective reporting; acts as a liaison to college offices and administrative services.
5. Provide recruiting assistance at campus and off-campus activities such as extension sites.
6. Exhibit excellent problem solving skills and work proactively to predict, prevent, stabilize and solve conflicts.
7. Provide support for instructors and students including troubleshooting software and providing guidance with various online systems.
8. Demonstrate excellent communication skills (listening, speaking, and writing) in-person, over the phone, or via any electronic or written correspondence.
9. Analyze data and produce reports as needed to highlight outcomes and trends.
10. Hire and supervise student office assistants.
11. Maintain professional memberships with appropriate professional associations.
12. Produce and distribute promotional materials and program information.
13. Other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Associate Dean of Continuing Education
EDUCATION: Minimum of an Associate's degree
EXPERIENCE: Previous work experience providing customer service or work with the public in a professional setting
SKILLS: Ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments; excellent problem solving skills; communicate effectively; professionally perform tasks with a high level of accuracy