Instructional Design Specialist (PT)
Job no: 498238
Department: Regl Dean's Office - Middletown Campus
Location: Middletown, OH
Work type: Salary Staff
Categories: PR, Media, Graphics, Communications
Status: Part Time
Instructional Design Specialist (PT)Job Summary:
The Miami University Middletown Regional Campus Dean’s Office is seeking an E-Campus Instructional Design Specialist who will collaborate with E-Campus Leadership to increase the recruitment of new online faculty and academic partnerships; advance the retention of online faculty through engagement and service opportunities that promote student success; and cultivate a vibrant, engaged online faculty community using data-driven best practices that promote faculty engagement.Duties/Physical Demands:
• Design, develop, and produce faculty engagement programming utilizing research-based principles from the art and science of instructional design and adult learning theories
• Engage in campus connections and relationship building resulting in the cultivation of new collaborations and partnerships that will advance online learning at MUR.
• Advanced use of communication and relationship cultivation with SMEs, project owners, and key stakeholders
• Develop and promote faculty engagement and service opportunities with E-Campus resulting in the elevation of effective online teaching and learning practices
• Perform online and institutional research using analytics, data collection to develop data-driven strategies that advance EFE initiatives
• Employ team service culture practices and proactively address challenges that successfully generate solutions
• Promote a sense of community among MUR online faculty
• Increase engagement and/or collaboration between MUR online faculty
• Demonstrate efficiency in managing multiple project plans, maintain deadlines, track progress and performance to ensure successful outcomes.
• Work collaboratively and advance partnerships with university and campus committees
• Perform online and institutional assessment and research to aggregate data into final reports to be used in the ongoing accreditation, compliance, and initiative expansion
• Research, troubleshoot, implement and support instructional media and emerging technologies that benefit the university's online teaching and learning priorities and promote student success
• Produce technical written projects that are clear, concise, appropriately detailed, and understandable by diverse audiences using proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and language rules; ensures consistent application of styles and established layout processes.
• Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and department achievements.
• Continue professional growth and development of professional design skill set(s) for supporting growth and advancement of E-Campus’ faculty engagement and learning and development programming; Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations.
• Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Bachelor's degree; Two (2) or more years of experience in instructional design, graphic design, or curriculum development; One (1) or more years of successful teaching and/or professional training experience applying learning theory and pedagogy to develop instructional and assessment strategies; Proficiency in Course Authoring/Production Tools, Google Tools, Microsoft Suite, Web-Based Apps, Mobile Technologies; Highly motivated self-starter with a passion for the learner experience, and dedication to quality; Initiate and prioritize work with exceptional project management, organization, and productivity skills while advancing multiple projects simultaneously; Cultivate collaborative team culture with advanced written, oral communication, and group facilitation skills; Strive to be challenged, innate curiosity for learning, willingness to learn new skills, embrace change, adapt to new technology, and work independently with minimal supervision.
The position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.Desired Qualifications:
Consideration may be given to candidates with a Master's degree in instructional design, instructional technology, content marketing, adult education, or a related field of study; Two (2) or more years applying learning theory and pedagogy to develop instructional design strategies for adult learners with advanced use of learning management system tools, course authoring tools, and graphic and multimedia tools to create online learning content; Online Teaching and/or training experience in K-12 or Higher Ed; Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate, Canvas, Camtasia application tools; Content Management Systems, Learning Management Systems; Utilization of project management software to manage projects and meet deadlines; Quality Matters training and/or certification; Experience using and/or supporting accessible technologies; knowledge of online learning regulatory and compliance agency requirements including UDL, ADA, Section 508 compliance, FERPA, and other applicable laws, rules, and regulations related to online learning.Special Instructions to Applicants:
Inquiries may be directed to Robyn Brown at [email protected]EO/AA Statement/Clery Act:
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223.Date to Begin Screening Applicants:
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.Benefits Eligible:
A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free campuses.
For questions regarding reasonable accommodations for disabilities, or to follow-up with a request, please contact [email protected] or (513) 529-3560.
Advertised: 19 Jan 2021 Eastern Standard Time