Executive Assistant for the UConn Office for Diversity and Inclusion (Univ. Education Assistant 2)
Search #: 494980
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Administrative Services
Working under the direction of the Vice President/Chief Diversity Officer (CDO) and the Chief of Staff & Director of Strategic Priorities, the Executive Assistant to the Office for Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) is a key member of the ODI’s support team, performing a wide range of confidential administrative and receptionist activities. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary scheduler for the Vice President/CDO and Chief of Staff/Director of Strategic Programs (DSP) and coordinates all aspects of their scheduling commitments.
In addition to providing primary administrative support to the Vice President/CDO and Chief of Staff/DSP, the Executive Assistant provides general administrative support services to the Office for Diversity and Inclusion. This position oversees the main reception of the Office and ensures smooth operations of day-to-day activities. The person in this position is expected to possess an advanced level of organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills. This is a confidential staff position expected to maintain positive public relations, serve as an essential point of contact for ODI, and exhibit discretion, sound judgement, and acumen in obtaining and providing information.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides reliable support in a fast-paced office including answering phones and making referrals as appropriate, drafting routine and complex correspondence, taking meeting minutes, and courteously greeting and directing visitors for meetings. Exercise good judgment and discretion, paying close attention to detail, while handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Produces thoughtful and concise communications exercising excellent judgement and acumen in response to Office for Diversity and Inclusion emails. Diplomatically and effectively delivers information that may be difficult to understand or in contrast with a student or constituent’s views.
- Manages and coordinates all aspects of the Vice President/CDO and Chief of Staff/DSP’s schedules, including routine and complex scheduling commitments, preparing meeting agendas, making travel arrangements and preparing expense reports; coordinating with University departments regarding their participation in University ceremonies and events, and supporting other scheduling needs as appropriate.
- Provides operational and administrative support to the Office by overseeing the daily functions including inventory and procurement of supplies, processes maintenance requests, and participates in cooperative efforts to manage, schedule, and maintain shared office calendars, and implementation of ODI initiatives.
- Assists in the management and tracking of ODI correspondence and routine communications to internal and external constituents, supporting the Chief of Staff/DSP as required. May be responsible for updating and managing website content.
- Coordinates and manages relevant logistics for office-related events including arranging and assembling IT equipment for teleconferencing and PowerPoint presentations
- Devises, modifies, and supervises the maintenance and coordination of complex filing systems, records, and mailings.
- May supervise and train student administrative support on routine office duties. Provides feedback and serves as main point of contact for student personnel concerns and questions, escalating when needed to the Chief of Staff; conducts regular assessments of student performance and provides support as needed.
- Contributes to the overall staff support of the Office for Diversity and Inclusion, assisting staff colleagues as needed, such as event, program, and project support, or scheduling for other ODI staff members when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years of administrative experience. Equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish relationships with a variety of constituents on behalf of ODI.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgement in line with established policies and procedures.
- Ability to problem solve, expertly manage time and deadlines, and skillfully juggle priorities.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
- Ability to manage website content.
- Experience coordinating events such as receptions, luncheons, or seminars.
- Knowledge of the University’s organizational structure and policies and procedures.
- One to three years of administrative experience supporting the operations of an office, supporting management or leadership, supervising incumbents, or in a related administrative capacity.
- Demonstrated experience working with and in historically marginalized communities.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on February 5, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jan 20 2021 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Feb 05 2021 Eastern Standard Time