PG190663EPInternal Recruitment :
Assistant/Associate/ProfessorAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with education/experienceWork Schedule:
Academic Position - Hours VaryJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
Electrical and Computer EngineeringAbout the Department:
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering is seeking to fill a tenure-track faculty position in photonics and optoelectronics beginning in August 2021. It is anticipated that hiring will be at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank, but candidates at all levels will be considered.
The ECE Department is one of the top 10 suppliers of ECE talent at the BS level in the US, and also ranks in the top 10 public ECE Departments in total annual research expenditures (ASEE). The department is located in state-of-the-art facilities on NC State’s Centennial Campus.
NC State University is located in the technology-rich Research Triangle metropolitan area, and faculty members collaborate routinely with local industry. The Research Triangle area is frequently recognized in nationwide surveys as one of the best places to live in the U.S. We enjoy outstanding public schools, affordable housing, and great weather, all in the proximity of the mountains and the seashore.Essential Job Duties:
- The Department seeks candidates in the areas of photonic and optoelectronic devices and materials, especially in the areas of specialization that include: nanophotonics, metamaterials, photonic crystals, quantum photonics, quantum communications, high-Q resonators, spectroscopic microsystems, and medical / biophotonics (including those for imaging, diagnostic, sensing, and therapeutic applications). Strong candidates with a proven track record in other photonics and optoelectronics fields will also be considered.
- The successful candidate will be expected to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, advise undergraduate, MS, PhD, and post-doctoral researchers, obtain funding to support their group’s research activities, and publish research results in top journals and conferences.
- Inclusiveness and diversity are integral to NC State’s commitment to excellence in research, engagement, and education. We are particularly interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in research.
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent in electrical or computer engineering or a related discipline at the time of appointment, and must have demonstrated the potential to build a strong research program and an excellent teaching record.
Other duties as assigned.Minimum Experience and Education:
- Candidates must possess a Ph.D. or equivalent in electrical or computer engineering or a related discipline at the time of appointment.
- Candidates must have demonstrated the potential to build a strong research program and an excellent teaching record.
Must be able to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, advise undergraduate, MS, PhD, and post-doctoral researchers.
Must have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in research.Preferred Qualifications:
N/ARequired License(s) or Certification(s):
N/AValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
10/19/2020Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is being reposted. Previous applicants are still being considered, and do not need to reapply.
In addition to a fully completed application, applicants should submit the following online: cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, and names and complete contact information for four references, including email address and phone numbers.
Candidates can obtain information about the department and its research programs, as well as more detail about the positions advertised at http://www.ece.ncsu.edu.
Inquiries may be sent via email to the Faculty Search Committee Chair, at [email protected]Position Number:
Tenured/Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
9 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
140401 - Electrical & Computer Engr.AA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.