Enrollment Services Applications Data Analyst
Internal Recruitment :
Enrollment Services Applications Data Analyst
Anticipated Hiring Range:
$50,000 - $55,000
Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
EMAS-Enrollment Mgt & Services
About the Department:
The mission of the Division of Enrollment Management and Services is to support and enhance the total educational experience (recruitment, retention, and graduation) of NC State University students through a commitment to quality service that is responsive to the needs of faculty, staff, and students. The Division seeks to attract and enroll a highly diverse class of new and transfer undergraduate students with outstanding ability and potential and subsequently to improve retention and graduation commensurate with the goals of the University.
Essential Job Duties:
Technical lead for data administration. Responsible for developing standard public queries for regular campus use and for developing complex, ad hoc queries to distribute data to campus and external customers. Respond to requests for data from university personnel of all levels, including Deans, Department Heads, Directors, administrative staff, students, and external entities. Errors could result in customers receiving inappropriate, incomplete or inaccurate information. One of a handful of university staff with authority to create SIS queries for public use. Analyze current and historical data for patterns, trends and potential issues.
Project Planning and Management:
- Independently manages core production processing including graduation, suspension/academic standing, immunization, calculation and posting of academic honors, monthly enrollment reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse, etc. Manages project timelines, coordinates departmental resources and staff and serves as the departmental liaison to the Enterprise Application Systems to ensure correct scheduling of production jobs and timely completion of term processing.
Quality Assurance and Error Reporting:
- Ensure integrity and accuracy of student academic data by identifying data patterns that could point to potential records errors or inconsistencies. Create new error reports as needed to ensure data quality.
- Analyze current and historical data for patterns, trends and issues. Develop predictive models for use in assessing course demand, student success, at risk indicators, intra and inter college transfer trends, admissions/enrollment trends etc.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and translate it into usable information
Other Required Qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to ensure data integrity.
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand the needs of campus.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Systems or Statistics
- 9 credit hours in programming/statistics
- SAS certification
- Experience working in a university or college setting
Required License(s) or Certification(s):
Valid NC Driver's License required:
Commercial Driver's License required:
Job Open Date:
Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.
Full Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
12 Month Recurring
Mandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse Weather
Mandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency Event
Is this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
321001 - EMAS-Enrollment Mgt & Services
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.