Instructor - Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
University of Colorado Denver, Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Division of Pediatric Surgery , Surgical Oncology
Job Code: 1105
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of WorkThe University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. The University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty, and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research, and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. The Division of Pediatric Surgery in the Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine has a full- time faculty position available at the rank of Instructor for a Pediatric General Surgery Nurse Practitioner (NP) or Physician Assistant (PA). Under the direction of the full-time faculty or designee, this position provides inpatient and outpatient medical care services at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO). Professional FieldPediatric Surgical Oncology Examples of Work PerformedThe candidate will be expected to provide independent clinical services primarily for the Pediatric Surgical Oncology Service at Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO). Duties will include primarily coordination of care of the following inpatient teams and outpatient clinics: Surgery, Urology, and Oncology.The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating surgical scheduling, outpatient follow-up, imaging, and laboratory tests
- Processing intake for new consults, obtaining scans, labs, notes from the oncology service, emergency room and external partners
- Ensuring respective services are performing consults
- Rounding on active surgical oncology inpatients with relevant attending's
- Attending the weekly Solid Tumor meeting
- Providing coverage in outpatient clinics as needed
- Liaison for the solid tumor oncology team, and between the Oncology clinic and Surgical team (Surgery, Urology)
- Creating, coordinating, and maintaining educational materials for patients and families
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a Master's degree in Nursing and/or a graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program.
- Current license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner and/or Physician Assistant with prescriptive privileges.
- Meets and maintains specific requirements of the Nursing Credential Review Board (Nurse Practitioner) and the Medical Review Board (Physician Assistant).
- Current ATLS or successful completion within one year of hire.
- Of those candidates with a Nurse Practitioner degree, preference will be given to those with surgery and oncology experience.
- Experience in pediatric surgery, urology and oncology preferred
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Jan 20, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing