Present Position Number:
00244WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIIPosition Title:
Administrative AssistantPosition Summary:
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative support to the Financial Aid Office with emphasis on excellent customer service to students and visitors.
Core Responsibilities include (not not limited to):
- Responds daily to inquiries regarding financial aid and other aspects of the university by current as well as prospective students and parents.
- Manages the reception area: organizes front desk, front storage,and lobby area to maintain a clean and professional environment for visitors.
- General Office Administration: mail distribution, makes staff travel arrangements, places orders for office-related documents/forms, maintains supply inventory, monitors the voice-mail system, and assists with student file creation.
- Maintains all Small Purchase Credit Card (SPCC) records and inventory billing tracking system.
- Maintains inventory and billing system tracking. Prepares vouchers/invoices for accounts payable in a timely manner.
- Prepares and submits travel authorizations and processes journal vouchers.
High school Diploma or the equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures and processes.
- Strong administrative and reception skills with a strong customer service focus and the ability to work with a diverse population.
- Proficiency in a variety of software application specifically MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook Calendar management).
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively as team player. The ability to understand the importance of confidentiality, while exercising tact and diplomacy in all interactions.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail with, accuracy in performing daily activities with the ability to manage tasks concurrently within specified deadlines.
- Prior experience providing a variety of administrative support in a customer service environment.
- Prior experience in using MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of e-VA purchasing system.
- Familiarity with Banner or other campus-database system.
- Knowledge of financial aid processes.
- Prior experience working in a customer service role at a higher education institutional (especially in a financial aid or admissions office).
- Prior experience in tracking data, reconciling expenses, and/or processing invoices for payment.
Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment:
3F3100 Financial Aid OfficeLocation:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U04Job Open Date:
01/19/2021Review Begin Date:
01/27/2021Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with the Fair Labor Standards Act.
This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times as directed and approved by the supervisor.
Some nights, weekends, and holiday hours required, especially during the Admissions recruitment time frame but no more than once per quarter. Weekend hours are for special events only, such as Day for Admitted Students.EEO Statement:
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.