PM CStore Cashier/Clerk
PM CStore Cashier/Clerk
Posting Number: S01502
Work involves responsibility for the supervision of Midd Express during weekend days and week nights under the direction of the Retail Managers. This position requires opening of Midd Express market on Saturdays and Sundays. Maintain appearance of store and shelf stock for optimal retail sales. Assist Management with the maintenance of inventory. Order shelf stock, food and supplies. Responsibilities of this work may include the training and supervision of student workers for the prompt and efficient service to customers, cleanliness of personnel, and the store. This person is under the general supervision of the Retail Foods Manager.
Offer is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
- Processes sales of grocery and like items at the convenience store.
- Responsible for maintaining sales records for shifts and to also making sure cash handling guidelines are in place.
- Cheerfully greets the customers.
- Stocks and prices the items on shelves.
- Monitors customer flow to avoid potential theft.
- Cleans work area after shift (including sweeping and mopping) and maintains an orderly area.
- Helps supervise the student labor during the evening shifts.
- Adheres to Retail Foods dress code.
- Follows all cash management policies and procedures to ensure accountability of College funds.
- Adheres to appropriate standards of behavior in the workplace.
- Though hired into a specific working title or location, all employees of Retail Food Operations are expected to support overall operations by: participating in cross-training, providing coverage during staff absences or high business volume, participating in production and/or service of special events, and being willing and able to perform additional, related duties and/or be reassigned to another work unit.
- Helps count physical inventory.
- Monitors the usage of items to aid in the ordering process.
- Ensures that all products are within sell by dates.
- Maintains fresh supply of coffee.
- Performs opening and closing procedures at Midd Express Market.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to process sales in a quick and courteous manner.
- Good math skills will be beneficial.
No previous experience necessary, although cashier training helpful.
Must physically be able to lift 10-15 lbs. many times each day and up to 45 lbs. once a day. Must be able to push and pull up to 25 lbs. occasionally. Requires frequent overhead reaching and bending. This job requires long periods of time standing. May require some overtime.
Offers of employment are contingent on completion of a background check. Information on our background check policy can be found here: http://go.middlebury.edu/backgroundchecks
To apply, visit https://middlebury.peopleadmin.com/postings/22624
Middlebury is an equal-opportunity employer where diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values. To this end, Middlebury recruits talented and diverse faculty, staff, and students from across the United States and around the world. Middlebury encourages applications from women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of other protected classes and historically underrepresented communities. Middlebury also invites applications from individuals who demonstrate an ongoing commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency