Health Unit Coordinator-Labor and Delivery Scheduler PART-TIME
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-01-19
Under the direction of the manager or designee supports the functions of the unit/area by performing receptionist and clerical duties.
- Maintains the medical record in good form.
- Handles appointment scheduling of patients.
- Maintains current working knowledge; adheres to Access policies and procedures; performs problem-solving.
- Performs registration/ check-in functions.
- Communicates effectively using established systems/protocols.
- Communicates effectively with ancillary departments.
- Maintains unit supplies/forms appropriately.
- Assumes responsibility for professional development of self and contributes to and assists with the professional development of others.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Experience: No experience required
Licensure: None required
Job requires sitting for prolonged periods, frequently bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull < 20lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.