IT Analyst Intermediate, EMR
Job location: Charlottesville, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-18
Utilizes a combination of programming and analytical skills to formulate/define system scope and objectives for assigned projects and design and maintain complex application systems within the Health System.
- Responsible for coordination and performance of analysis design development testing validation and implementation of EMR screens used by clinicians performing and documenting patient care activities leveraging system functionality to support clinical process and organizational goals.
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of the EMR software as well as medical center operations and workflow will work closely with the project team's clinical leaders to translate patient care needs into EMR functionality.
- Understand current workflows that are supported by the existing clinical system and determine how best to maximize functionality to complement and improve the workflows.
- Understands the use of clinical computer applications which assist in the management and processing of clinical information and delivery of health care services.
- Provides ongoing support of the EMR system and the end-users.
- Policies and procedures within the functional area of responsibility are understood and applied accurately with supervision when identifying possible changes and assessing their impact on current automated processes.
- Under general supervision sound solutions are reached through detailed analysis and accurate determination of causes of complex problems.
- With supervision cost effective and process-efficient alternatives and appropriate solutions for application development enhancement or modification are recommended on a consistent basis.
- Under general supervision formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems.
- Systems analysis experience provides the ability to accurately gather required data.
- Data gathered is consistently complete and correctly defines system scope and objectives.
- Sound solutions are reached to resolve moderate to complex applications/systems problems.
In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Experience: 3 years of relevant experience
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.